Please god change natural recources

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Please god change natural recources

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:50 pm

jorb wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:i think only icicles and salt should move every time you harvest from them the rest can stay the same.

Because they are functionally irrelevant and you don't care about them?

quite the opposite they are the strongest and best ones to hoard and wall off. icicles is like a steady supply of instant huge amount of lp every cycle if you have a bunch of them walled off with vclaims. if it respawns everytime a small hermit could possibly stumble upon a none found icicle node and sell it to the big boi factions that can actually use them efficiently. i mean overall i dont care since im on the side that mass hoards these icicles (and salt for a while but nobody bothers to grind stats anymore so nobody cares about collecting salt) : P

and if you meant the rest they are oke but i didnt see anyone going out of their way to mass wall them off. driftkelp is one of the few that cant be walled off and are actually quite op. guano pile is usually underground found in levels and tunnels nobody but you would look in so also no point in walling. ancient windthrow also good but nobody really went out of their way to mass wall them just wall a few and call it a day. and the one related to realm were only wanted until realms had all the relevant buffs. buff lotus bloom also one of the few you cant wall instead of 1 in a random attribute make it so it gives 25 it gives 1 lotus bloom every 10 days and picks random out of 9 attributes lol its literally not even worth going out of my way to get one just for 1 attribute.
Last edited by wonder-ass on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby jorb » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:02 pm

I mean the rest.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:38 am

What if there were multiple types of resources? Size-wise that is.

Like, small ones, that would spawn in some random place, respawn every (other?) week or so. And otherwise work like the current ones. This way noobs or more casual players would have access to them too.

Then there would be a few HUGE ones, where you could get lots of resources, their location would be announced in some way globally (or continentally) beforehand, kind of like meteorites, and they too would despawn after the first harvest, but would yield a lot of resources.
Huge ones should be large and valuable enough that people (mainly big factions) would fight for them.

Perhaps there could also be other sizes, like medium-sized ones, which would only be announced locally.

Of course, you couldn't construct any village or personal claims near them, buildings in the vicinity could increase their soak slower etc. if walling them would become an issue that is. Huge ones would be gone after some time, so it wouldn't be an issue to people living nearby to not be able to build claims for some time.
Last edited by shubla on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Vigilance » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:45 am

jorb wrote:I mean the rest.

then yeah thats about right

because mother of pearl is garbage useless (who the fuck is going to go out of their way for like 20k lp outside of the very very very very very very beginning of the world,) heartwood is irrelevant if fast travel is ever in a good state, foul smoke is useless once realm buffs are built or arent being bottlenekced by other shit, what the hell is a symphony note, roots are pretty much optional, the new things this world are kind of moot and useless, i remember trollex really liking driftkelp and im pretty sure fairy mushrooms and driftkelp are only really relevant to powergamers

am i forgetting any because if i am that probably speaks louder than any explanation i could give
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby shubla » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:49 am

Vigilance wrote:

because mother of pearl is garbage useless (who the fuck is going to go out of their way for like 20k lp outside of the very very very very very very beginning of the world,) heartwood is irrelevant if fast travel is ever in a good state, foul smoke is useless once realm buffs are built or arent being bottlenekced by other shit, what the hell is a symphony note, roots are pretty much optional, the new things this world are kind of moot and useless, i remember trollex really liking driftkelp and im pretty sure fairy mushrooms and driftkelp are only really relevant to powergamers

am i forgetting any because if i am that probably speaks louder than any explanation i could give

Maybe buffs should start consuming there resources for upkeep, so there would be demand for them throughout the world.

Buffs could scale dynamically, like 1 foul smoke in the realm storage would be 1%, 2 foul smokes would be 2% and so on, and higher the %, faster it drops.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Headchef » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:28 pm

shubla wrote:
Vigilance wrote:

Maybe buffs should start consuming there resources for upkeep, so there would be demand for them throughout the world.

Buffs could scale dynamically, like 1 foul smoke in the realm storage would be 1%, 2 foul smokes would be 2% and so on, and higher the %, faster it drops.

better fix 10.000 other things before adding another mandatory time related cancer upkeep aspect.
Headchef

Postby cvgff » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:06 am

Alright well if you decide not to have the resources move around you should atleast make it so they cant be Vclaimed or possibly even built near.
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Postby loftar » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:30 pm

cvgff wrote:Alright well if you decide not to have the resources move around you should atleast make it so they cant be Vclaimed or possibly even built near.

Why, more exactly? Part of the idea behind them is to create a place of contention. If someone claims it, that should be incentive for someone else to siege that claim down. Of course, we know that that doesn't currently happen, but I'd be more interested in trying to make that happen than to change their basic function.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Headchef » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:31 pm

loftar wrote:
cvgff wrote:Alright well if you decide not to have the resources move around you should atleast make it so they cant be Vclaimed or possibly even built near.

Why, more exactly? Part of the idea behind them is to create a place of contention. If someone claims it, that should be incentive for someone else to siege that claim down. Of course, we know that that doesn't currently happen, but I'd be more interested in trying to make that happen than to change their basic function.

Yeah that would be be better, but don't threat resource claims as if they were peoples homes/villages in the mechanic because that makes it hard to justify for you guys when to lose it but if we know it's about staking claim to a resource rather than settle for a home then it was be much easier to overtake.
Headchef

Postby Granger » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:36 am

loftar wrote:

For this you would need to turn siege success into something that isn't effective game over from base death for the victims or the ability to take over walled areas will be used to grief each and everyone and be the final nail in the coffin for a good part of the currently still clinging on population.

As you have expressed over the years that you're not interested in putting limits to the numbers in a manner that allows late join into an already running world in a meaningful manner (without having to resort to pay2win in a market or getting the needed quality bootstrap from others as gifts) you basically carved siege needing to be next to impossible in stone.

And the same endless rising numbers make the idea to take over icicle claims from ones who exploited them for an extended amount of time a complete joke. Winner takes all mechanics are a shit idea for everyone except the winner... putting such into a long term MMO is IMHO not the brightest of ideas.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas