Please god change natural recources

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Please god change natural recources

Postby cvgff » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:44 am

Please make naturally occurring resources like ice spires and what not, either completely unclaimable or make them respawn somewhere else after say a week for example or both, this would make things 100x better.

I am sick and tired of wandering around a mountain and seeing literally everything walled off and vclaimed by the same village over and over and over again, good luck with finding some ageless ice as a casual player who dosent want to buy some off a big village.

an example of the method i proposed above: Start of world all the resources spawn, people go out collect whatever they can find and then after awhile people start walling the resources in, after a week into the world all resources despawn and spawn somewhere else within like a grid square of the original place or just randomly.

It is completely retarded to me that the current system allows people to not only claim them but build right next to them to. hopefully i got my point across
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Re: Please god change natural recources

Postby shubla » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:51 am

Nah fuck you - devs probably

This has been suggested many MANY times but they do not seem to see any problem with the current system :D
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby tyrtix » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:23 am

iirc, devs position is to leave them as they are, since this thing is useful to make people fight over these resources.
tyrtix

Postby cvgff » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:28 am

tyrtix wrote:iirc, devs position is to leave them as they are, since this thing is useful to make people fight over these resources.

noone fights over them though, once you have it its almost impossible to lose it all you need to do is put an alt to log in every once in awhile its dumb as fuck
also in the scenario where you fight over it if your a casual player without a strong village good luck with that.
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Postby shubla » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:54 am

They should work like meteorites.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Headchef » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:09 pm

shubla wrote:They should work like meteorites.

Rare occasion where shubla doesn't post verbal diarrhea, good post.
Headchef

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Headchef wrote:

Winning a fight shouldn't make you more likely to win future fights more than it inherently needs to for death to have meaning. Snowballing is fine in a 30 minute game of league, it's dumb in a game that lasts 2 years
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:26 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Headchef wrote:

Winning a fight shouldn't make you more likely to win future fights more than it inherently needs to for death to have meaning. Snowballing is fine in a 30 minute game of league, it's dumb in a game that lasts 2 years

+1, making any major character development resources act like a meteor free-for-all would be the dumbest idea ever.

Ofcourse the only kid to show up to the last 20 meteors alongside felix would want this. :lol:

Make icicles like meteors if icicle use changes so they lose all their current powers and usefulness after getting 2 of them, just like a meteor.
Zentetsuken

Postby Headchef » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Aleck little bitch even the people who used to play with you say you do nothing just sit in plot and type, maybe if you had actually attended or attempted to go to any meteor you would find that what you say is untrue.

If everything is a meteor event, due to how many types of resources there are and at how many times this could occur, this would mean also groups which are not #1 fighters in the world could easily compete just due to downtime alone.

But yes in theory if people are robots and attend everything it's harder, but it's not the case only in the imagination of forum crybabies such as yourself, doing nothing except complain about how things are not reachable while not ever competing for them ( or even making alt to check it out).

It's far more comfortable for you to do absolutely nothing and just produce fictional stories of falsehood while doing 0 effort to find out what's really going on, shitter.
Headchef

Postby Rexz » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Headchef wrote:Aleck little bitch even the people who used to play with you say you do nothing just sit in plot and type, maybe if you had actually attended or attempted to go to any meteor you would find that what you say is untrue.

If everything is a meteor event, due to how many types of resources there are and at how many times this could occur, this would mean also groups which are not #1 fighters in the world could easily compete just due to downtime alone.

But yes in theory if people are robots and attend everything it's harder, but it's not the case only in the imagination of forum crybabies such as yourself, doing nothing except complain about how things are not reachable while not ever competing for them ( or even making alt to check it out).

It's far more comfortable for you to do absolutely nothing and just produce fictional stories of falsehood while doing 0 effort to find out what's really going on, shitter.

I agree with both of the points made from you and the other person btw minus the disrespect.

My problem with the current system as it is right now is that to try and compete for a walled off resource would mean that you would guarantee to reak criminal scents everywhere, and that mean putting yourself at a high risk for an aggressive player to track you down to your base and fuck you up.

Being able to claim AND wall off natural resources AND/OR camping them means 99% of the playerbase who can do it will do it, which while itself is a competitive play, it is very passive and non-competitive in a way... it's just basically the ability to monopolize resources by being a greed-lord.
Rexz

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas