Please god change natural recources

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Please god change natural recources

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Headchef wrote:barely readable autistic REEEEing

yeah, not even going to attempt to get through this wall of ESL tripe

Rexz wrote:I agree with both of the points made from you and the other person btw minus the disrespect.

My problem with the current system as it is right now is that to try and compete for a walled off resource would mean that you would guarantee to reak criminal scents everywhere, and that mean putting yourself at a high risk for an aggressive player to track you down to your base and fuck you up.

Being able to claim AND wall off natural resources AND/OR camping them means 99% of the playerbase who can do it will do it, which while itself is a competitive play, it is very passive and non-competitive in a way... it's just basically the ability to monopolize resources by being a greed-lord.

I think this is sort of the key here, but I think that even a meteor-type event is pretty onpar with sieging as far as leaving scents and putting yourself in danger.

I agree with the idea of having these sort of resources move on a weekly or biweekly basis type thing, it would be kinda fun and not as autistic as a meteor event, since it will be random and not announced, and coming across one might be more up to chance.

I think walling and claiming is just about as monopolizing as the autism needed to attend every meteor, especially if you generally have your character improved with each success.

The thing that would make walling and claiming more fair in my opinion is if we just went back to a more legacy type of siege, where you can pop in to claim with much less work and time investment. When nodes were meaningful they were turned in to villages and sieged all the time, and were always at risk if they were not being checked daily.
Zentetsuken

Postby Headchef » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Yeah no wonder you won't try, you've never had the ability to deal with arguments....

just keep posting your own subjective bullshit, sprucecap larper boy.. :lol:
Headchef

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:49 pm

shubla wrote:They should work like meteorites.

this initself would nerf icicles by a good amount since you wouldnt be able to have steady supply of icicles every cycle and would have to compete for it but then again people that would win icicle events would only get stronger and people that lose essentially gain nothing and lose in the race so im not sure how i feel about the idea. also icicles would need a rework 20 people attend the fight and only 1 or few get to use it is kinda shit.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Headchef » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 am

wonder-ass wrote:
shubla wrote:They should work like meteorites.

this initself would nerf icicles by a good amount since you wouldnt be able to have steady supply of icicles every cycle and would have to compete for it but then again people that would win icicle events would only get stronger and people that lose essentially gain nothing and lose in the race so im not sure how i feel about the idea. also icicles would need a rework 20 people attend the fight and only 1 or few get to use it is kinda shit.

Icicles matter less if stats scale properly.

If there's no point raising stats above point X then getting there faster matters relatively less too.

Stat scaling infinitely is pretty retarded and is the root cause PvP is not viable this world.

Because losing once in combination with the satiation system means you're behind forever

I would be in favour of removing satiation entirely or atleast make it work the other way around, everything is buffed until it goes to normale 100%.

So if at a later point in the world it becomes easy for people to shit out a warrior character with 500 all stats then that's all fine because groups who seemed dead can suddenly return with equal characters as long as they have people to play them.

Now it's not possible unless those people while pretending to not play, have kept raising their characters all along

Also not giving many icicles is totally fine, as you pointed out it decreases incentive to pursue this with huge groups because you would have to divide it in a way over so many people.

So perhaps large group would also ignore it later on due to not needing high stat so far anymore etc.

Same reason people don't do 30 people bat dungeon, sure it's easier but you can't split the loot properly so in the end people end up not going because why bother.

That's how irrelevant these small-meteor-loc resource events should be so the mechanism in itself already deals with the dominating aspect if you get what I mean.
Headchef

Postby cvgff » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:09 am

Wish jorb would do something like this since almost everyone agree's that the current system is shit and a different system should be implemented

also i think capping stats might be a good thing, but instead of capping all stats only cap the ones that are used for fighting, like UA/mele ect that way qualitys of items can keep improving.
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Postby Headchef » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:56 am

Don't even cap them to be honest, just make them only relevant against animals but against people above 500 or so we're all equal
Headchef

Postby boreial » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Another point that may help convince dev's to randomly move certain natural resources is that more folks would scout and forage their areas more often aka getting out of their bases and doing shit.
boreial

Postby Headchef » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:35 pm

boreial wrote:Another point that may help convince dev's to randomly move certain natural resources is that more folks would scout and forage their areas more often aka getting out of their bases and doing shit.

You mean scout bots? Ye no

Anything that doesn't involve combat competition is just shit.
Headchef

Postby Rexz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:32 am

Headchef wrote:
boreial wrote:Another point that may help convince dev's to randomly move certain natural resources is that more folks would scout and forage their areas more often aka getting out of their bases and doing shit.

It could potentially lead to more interactions with randoms outside of the world where conflict can escalate from resource being around and not just behind walls.

Or it could lead to interactions where friendlier people may negociate and make trades instead of combat. Most the people I encountered thus far has been inside their base and not outside in the wild. I guess that's mainly due to lack of player pop atm and I haven't gotten to the point of seafaring yet, and have only obtained ridable horses fairly recently.
Rexz

Postby Headchef » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:23 am

Rexz wrote:
Headchef wrote:

It could potentially lead to more interactions with randoms outside of the world where conflict can escalate from resource being around and not just behind walls.

Or it could lead to interactions where friendlier people may negociate and make trades instead of combat. Most the people I encountered thus far has been inside their base and not outside in the wild. I guess that's mainly due to lack of player pop atm and I haven't gotten to the point of seafaring yet, and have only obtained ridable horses fairly recently.

Friendlier? Negotiation is just weakness because why not otherwise take all for self. The thought that people deserve a part of a resource for the fact they exist is just a joke so..

But as I said, if you're going to spread this shit randomly for all to find, sure a few hermit will walk randomly and perhaps find something. But bigger groups will just run tens of bots.

Which is harder to combat if you are the opposing party, then a centralised spawn where you can actually compete for it.
Headchef

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas