How to make walling special resources not worth it

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: How to make walling special resources not worth it

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:01 pm

MagicManICT wrote:hasn't someone mentioned doing a resource claim before? It certainly makes more sense if it's easily challenged. Of course, that would make a village like mine a bit awkward since our founder decided to use a geyser as a focal point for the village decor...

if it were to be ever implemented it would prob be done on a fresh wipe.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Lyrroth » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:56 am

implement mine carts that must be deployed on such resource and that it takes 24 hours after deploying to make the resoure collectible from mine cart. implementing some special type of ground around resource to make it being unable to wall in less than 10x10 or immune to be covered by village claim and such
after one full season after wipe hearthlings should gain ability to make mineholes upwards but only below resources regardless of anything being up there
Lyrroth

Postby ivka » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Headchef wrote:
xTrainx wrote:make dryads the one who fill that shit, if they can't get in, they don't refill

serves literally 0 purpose because open visitor gate is same thing as closed walling

Say, for example, the Dryad might need rummaging and theft perms to refill.
ivka

Postby Cajoes » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:49 pm

What if the nodes migrated?
Cajoes

Postby overtyped » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:19 am

Cajoes wrote:What if the nodes migrated?

Bad idea bad you. The nodes were meant to be places of conflict. If they move there is no conflict.
I don't want the nodes to be unwallable, I just want the price to be high, as in walls keep taking high amounts of damage.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:22 pm

overtyped wrote:
Cajoes wrote:What if the nodes migrated?

Bad idea bad you. The nodes were meant to be places of conflict. If they move there is no conflict.
I don't want the nodes to be unwallable, I just want the price to be high, as in walls keep taking high amounts of damage.

the same conflict can be created in meteor style event. fixing natural resources is really easy at this point its just up to the devs to implement said ideas.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Fostik » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:44 pm

I just hearing guys that thinks that if they have big sword/axe and tons of stats - everything in this game should belong to them. Forbidding walling will be just a handover all world resources to faggots with alts and timers, and groups of people in timezones that matches respawn time more than others.
There should be balance between players who able to wall and claim objects, and players that want to solve everything via pvp.

For example:
1. Add extra upkeep requirements for claim/village if there is local resources in claim/nearly to claim, rise online requirements for such claims. Say, after 1 week of inactivity it will start decaying.
2. Add extra zone around local resources, in which siege machines will have decreased cooldowns.

OR there can be planned periodical event in which objects near local resources will not be affected by claims, and siege machines will have no cooldown.

Also i think that local resources should be sparse in the world, but should give more resources and more often - to make holding and defending them reasonable.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas