Change artifact to gild

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Change artifact to gild

Postby shubla » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:23 am

There is a quest "Create an artifact for X"
This should be changed to "Gild an x" or something like that.
Many are so confused when they craft an artifact (gilding) and nothing happens!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Change artifact to gild

Postby Fostik » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:52 am

shubla wrote:Many are so confused when they craft an artifact (gilding) and nothing happens!

In-game terminology means that an artifact is a gilded item, it does not state otherwise.
But anyway - agree that this is confusing when you meet such quest first time.
Maybe instead of "Gildings" section item should have "Artifact:" mention, which means that item is already an artifact, because it has gildings described below.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Some wording suggestions:

"Gild a clothing item to create an <Exploration> artifact."
"Gild a piece of clothing for <Exploration>."
"Gild a piece of clothing to make an artifact for <Exploration>."

Any of these creates a more direct conveyance of information and provides a better contextual definition of terminology via describing the process.

shubla wrote:Many are so confused when they craft an artifact (gilding) and nothing happens!

Well, they are called 'gilds' in the craft menu. That's the issue--artifact is mentioned nowhere else in the game. What, exactly, is an artifact unless I look it up on the forums or the wiki?

edit: I explicitly mention clothing, but it probably should be "an item" because rings count, too.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Some wording suggestions:

"Gild a clothing item to create an <Exploration> artifact."
"Gild a piece of clothing for <Exploration>."
"Gild a piece of clothing to make an artifact for <Exploration>."

Any of these creates a more direct conveyance of information and provides a better contextual definition of terminology via describing the process.

Well, they are called 'gilds' in the craft menu. That's the issue--artifact is mentioned nowhere else in the game. What, exactly, is an artifact unless I look it up on the forums or the wiki?

edit: I explicitly mention clothing, but it probably should be "an item" because rings count, too.

Good suggestions.
It is a minor thing, but then again, very easy change to do to slightly improve the game.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:21 pm

bad suggestions, rings are barely could be called "clothing" but can be an artifact, so...
just "create a level (N) artifact fro (attribute) by gilding" is pretty enough to remove confusion.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Lyrroth » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:48 pm

everythings fine. it doesnt matter how you call something theres always somebody who will not understand or even better will not even try
Lyrroth

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:49 pm

Lyrroth wrote:everythings fine. it doesnt matter how you call something theres always somebody who will not understand or even better will not even try

There is a difference between 1 and 100.
shubla

Postby Lyrroth » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:55 pm

loftar is not jorb and shubla is shubla and what about that? artifact is nowhere mentioned because if somebody isnt new to games as whole they should know that artifact in many occasions are called usable equipment that grants to user some benefits. if somebody dont know that it should be either stated for this very small percentage of people in tutorial or be somewhere written. doing anything else will draw even more confusion especially to veterans. dont try to fix something that isnt broken
Lyrroth

Postby Rexz » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:48 pm

Lyrroth wrote:loftar is not jorb and shubla is shubla and what about that? artifact is nowhere mentioned because if somebody isnt new to games as whole they should know that artifact in many occasions are called usable equipment that grants to user some benefits. if somebody dont know that it should be either stated for this very small percentage of people in tutorial or be somewhere written. doing anything else will draw even more confusion especially to veterans. dont try to fix something that isnt broken

Actually artifacts in many RPG games usually are not considered equipment type but are either a rare material, object, or upgrade/stat modifier item for the equipment itself.

Artifact is not referenced anywhere else but in quest objective so anyone new is going to obviously be confused. This is probably an easy fix that won't cause any problem if you're not a dummy.
Rexz

Return to Critique & Ideas