mystery bags

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

mystery bags

Postby Ants » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:48 pm

So right now, there's no reason to report most bugs because 70% the time you don't get any reward. When you do get a reward, it's usually the old pink cape that everyone has and you can't even wear outside without putting a target on your back.

So how about this: for every new bug reported, the one reporting it gets a blind bag containing one of ten cosmetic items. Some items would have higher odds of appearing, some lower. It would keep people interested because they would need to report lots of bugs to collect them all. Since getting these bags wouldn't involve trading real money, it wouldn't be breaking the anti lootbox law. Maybe bugs regarding siege or PVP could be worth two bags since such bugs can be used to kill characters or smash villages.

New stuff would be ideal but simple recolors of existing items would probably be enough, if the devs are feeling lazy.
Last edited by Ants on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Re: mystery bags

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:19 am

>Effort to reward playtesters

Sounds a little too nice to me
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:22 am

the bugs are more worth than the cosmetic items you get from the devs lol, like that one bug that let you put spices on a spit for stupid amounts of fep xd.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Ants » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:47 am

wonder-ass wrote:the bugs are more worth than the cosmetic items you get from the devs lol, like that one bug that let you put spices on a spit for stupid amounts of fep xd.

Right now, definitely. I'm not surprised that bug wasn't reported and I foresee that continuing to happen if the rewards aren't improved.

With the addition of blind bags, people would report bugs more often because they might get something good in return. The contents might need to be switched out once a year or so to keep the value of the bags worthwhile-- if the world gets too saturated with one item it becomes worthless, like the merchant's cape.
Ants

Postby Granger » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:35 pm

Making the dev capes account bound (like shop hats) would turn them from being a curse into something nice one would want to have.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby shubla » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:04 pm

I am supporting this as long as devs give back my cape that was lost in reset.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ants » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Granger wrote:Making the dev capes account bound (like shop hats) would turn them from being a curse into something nice one would want to have.

It would increase their value a bit, but it wouldn't change the fact that they've been given out for many years now and many people have them. Faction members probably wouldn't report game breaking bugs for the sake of getting another.

The devs sometimes give out rare blue capes but since the majority of the time they give nothing instead, it doesn't seem like enough of an incentive..
shubla wrote:I am supporting this as long as devs give back my cape that was lost in reset.

If they don't give it back to you you could probably ask around on discord, I doubt they're worth more than 3 tokens.
Last edited by Ants on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ants

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:16 pm

wonder-ass wrote:the bugs are more worth than the cosmetic items you get from the devs lol, like that one bug that let you put spices on a spit for stupid amounts of fep xd.

I remember that one time when my village fished up one of those magic axes that literally doubled the FEPs of everything it crafted and we turned it over to Jorb for a healthy "thanks"

Not worth
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:51 pm

jordancoles wrote:

I remember that one time when my village fished up one of those magic axes that literally doubled the FEPs of everything it crafted and we turned it over to Jorb for a healthy "thanks"

Not worth

Handling that incident was a travesty, jorb thought that best course of action was to give day or two for the exploiters to wash their hands and altvault their shit.

I would have suspended everybody even remotely associated with the exploit and told that suspensions won#t be lifted until someone explains how the exploit was created. I am not sure if jorb knows even now and just patched something to keep spice attributes out of tools.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Ants » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 pm

jordancoles wrote:

Not worth

The guy who reported the latest wrecking ball bug didn't get a cape either and people who abused it got no punishment. It would have been more beneficial to abuse it too than to report it, it's sad. :cry:

Of course, there's the possibility that the person I know who reported it wasn't the first one to do so. But when this happens, the devs should probably say something like "Thanks for trying to help! Unfortunately, you aren't the first one to report this bug so we cannot reward you for it".

It's 100% not worth reporting bugs unless you say "Hi, I found a bug. If I report it, do I get a cape?" and they answer yes. Otherwise there's no guarantee you'll get anything.
Last edited by Ants on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ants

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas