mystery bags

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: mystery bags

Postby Granger » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:00 am

Ants wrote:... the latest wrecking ball bug ...

What was it this time?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby stya » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:05 am

Granger wrote:

What was it this time?

Probably that you get an alarm even when the wrecking ball got disassembled?
stya

Postby Ants » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:08 am

Granger wrote:

What was it this time?

This was already posted in public, so I assume it's ok to share..

-Build house next to palisade
-Set up wrecking ball in the house
-When the wrecking ball is ready to use, destroy the house. The wball is intact and ready to use on the palisade without anyone receiving a wrecking ball alarm.

That's how it worked, but I think it's been fixed. There's no telling how many villages were broken into using this method before someone figured it out.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby jorb » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:24 pm

Not entirely against this. May consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ants » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 am

jorb wrote:Not entirely against this. May consider.

Just don't ban people for bug abusing until you offer consistent punishment for it and consistent worthwhile rewards for bug reporting, please. As things are bug abuse is an important method of getting ahead and 90% of the time doing so carries no downsides. Reporting bugs is shooting yourself in the foot.

vatas wrote:
jordancoles wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:the bugs are more worth than the cosmetic items you get from the devs lol, like that one bug that let you put spices on a spit for stupid amounts of fep xd.

I remember that one time when my village fished up one of those magic axes that literally doubled the FEPs of everything it crafted and we turned it over to Jorb for a healthy "thanks"

Not worth

Handling that incident was a travesty, jorb thought that best course of action was to give day or two for the exploiters to wash their hands and altvault their shit.

I would have suspended everybody even remotely associated with the exploit and told that suspensions won#t be lifted until someone explains how the exploit was created. I am not sure if jorb knows even now and just patched something to keep spice attributes out of tools.

I think it's a travesty the exploiters got punished at all under these circumstances. They took the only reasonable course of action, lol.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas