List of game breaking balance issues

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby DPblH » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:15 am

Lets then fix village authority management. It shouldn't be like you can cover everything with your banners. Lets say, banners should eat more authority (and even more frequently) as they more far from village idol.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby Fostik » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:29 pm

Agree with most points - especially ping retaled issues. The main problem is that flower menu waits server response, and then render it - flower menus should be generated by client.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Heart Containers

If one can afford to concentrate world limited resource in his hands by trading or other efforts - what's wrong with that? It doenst mean that anyone will be able to have tons of hp, but for a fair price you can be unique.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Scholarly Accounts

Nerfing top tier players will affect others mutch more, again. Stop making game even harder, just because ~5% of players makes it easier.
Forbiding scholary account creation from list of overpowered curios would be enough, without hurting others.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Anvil Spiraling

This - is the main mover of economics in the game. Removing spiraling means there will be less endgame gameplay, and bigger player leak after certain period of play.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Raw Hide XP cost is too high

From the point of view of gameplay - making combat mandatory consumables too cheap - is bad idea.
Last edited by Fostik on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Cosmetics are a real dickwave in almost every other mmo out there.

Instead of heart containers, just make dungeon bosses have a chance to drop part of a "boss clothing set." Maybe there is like a hat, boot, pants, shirt for each boss, and they can even be slottable clothing or something I duno, but obviously they have to look extremely distinct and super badass, like you are wearing a trophy. This should be the same for meteorites as well, and hopefully new local resources and meteor type events. Cosmetics and reasonable trophies.

Also, remove ageless ice entirely or make it a totally randomly moving, appearing and disappearing local resource. They are always the first resources to be pali'd and kept for the whole world.

As far non-rage characters in fights, what if a non-rage character simply could not be agrod by another character? Or like, when you are agrod as a non-rage character you are given a choice with some kind of pop-up to fight or port, and porting will come at great cost, like full shp gone and act like a KO, but you are safe on your HF, but choosing to stay and fight will give some kind of permanent cowards wound. There is always going to be people who have zero interest in pvp in the game, so I'm just trying to think of a way that the actual exploitable bullshit of being non-rage but ALSO a fighter can be challenged while still protecting peaceful players from random agros of bored noob killing autists.
Zentetsuken

Postby Fostik » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:32 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:Instead of heart containers, just make dungeon bosses have a chance to drop part of a "boss clothing set." Maybe there is like a hat, boot, pants, shirt for each boss, and they can even be slottable clothing or something

And H&H will join list of the games, which killed it's crafting mechanics&economics by boss loot :?
Fostik

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Fostik wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:Instead of heart containers, just make dungeon bosses have a chance to drop part of a "boss clothing set." Maybe there is like a hat, boot, pants, shirt for each boss, and they can even be slottable clothing or something

And H&H will join list of the games, who killed it's crafting mechanics&economics by boss loot :?

Are things like garment needles not excellent loot? Can other things not be added that don't give a ridiculous permanent pvp bonus to a character? If you want to compare hafen to other games, I think something like a heart container would probably have a hilariously tiny drop rate.

How the fuck are crafting mechanics changed by removing heart containers?

How are economics killed by removing 1 item?

What are you even talking about?
Zentetsuken

Postby Fostik » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:51 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:How the fuck are crafting mechanics changed by removing heart containers?

Problem is not comes from removing heart containers. The main issue - is boss loot clothing, which can become better than other clothing, therefore will become mandatory for top tier players - just go and loot best set, no need to craft, trade, spiral things for quaity etc.
Fostik

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:02 pm

Fostik wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:How the fuck are crafting mechanics changed by removing heart containers?

Problem is not comes from removing heart containers. The main issue - is boss loot clothing, which can become better than other clothing, therefore will become mandatory for top tier players - just go and loot best set, no need to craft, trade, spiral things for quaity etc.

Who said it is better than other clothing? I said MAYBE it can even be guildable? Obviously if I am making a suggestion to fix a problem about an item being mandatory for people being good I not suggesting that the new items should also run the risk of becoming the same thing. This is a good thread with good suggestions, maybe save the autistic carnal desire to argue for another time.

For anybody else who is absolutely fucking beyond bored. Any cosmetics added to the game in place of extremely OP items, or mandatory items would CLEARLY be added as COSMETIC ONLY or LIMITED FUNCTIONALITY, with every intention of them remaining cool and badass but not mandatory.

holy fuck bud
Zentetsuken

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Agree with pretty much all points in the OP. One thing I'd like to add about coracles is how they limit inventory space. For something so mandatory for combat, limiting your inventory space that much is super harsh, especially early world. Before troll belts, you have to fill your inventory with water and food or risk dying if someone comes up on you with a full inventory.

I remember one of the few fights I went on this world, me and ozzy were getting chased, and we simply ran out of water because we didn't have enough space in our inventory. I was close to starving too, so I had to kind of give up and let myself get KO'd because I didn't have rage.

The only good thing about coracles is they make the super hard to obtain, but insanely op shit that affect swimming irrelevant. Those also need to be looked at if coracles get changed.
DDDsDD999

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:23 pm

DPblH wrote:Lets then fix village authority management. It shouldn't be like you can cover everything with your banners. Lets say, banners should eat more authority (and even more frequently) as they more far from village idol.

Sounds reasonable, also dedicated UI for seeing the amount of banners, maybe even where they are and how much authority they consume.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Agree with everything except for going back to w10 "permadeath". People without rage can't reasonably die? That's how it was in w10 with fighters. Now you can't kill civilians, back then you couldn't kill fighters who played it safe. People who spammed artful evasion and wouldn't allow themselves to get surrounded couldn't reasonably die. And there was many bullshit ways of intentionally getting yourself KO'ed so you don't die, the whole meta of going down the right way - it was annoying. Let's not go back to that, please.
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas