List of game breaking balance issues

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Agrik » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:42 pm

Ants wrote:The playercount is low. At peak time, it seems roughly equal to late worlds back when it was easier to die. This shows that despite all the angry posts on the forum, murder doesn't seem to have much impact on the amount of people playing.
Imagine having two reasons, any one destroying the same part of population independently. You won't see much difference by removing only one of them... but should you then come to conclusion that no one matters? And there could be more, or much more, than two reasons...
Agrik

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 am

What if there's gradually increasing crop cap, and any crop below it (as long as planter has sufficient farming skill) will gain +5 quality every time?

Unless my logic is wrong, that would make selling seeds that are at the current cap quite reasonable, compared to many previous worlds where you'd give up advantage gained by thousands of man-hours or constant running of flax bots, when sealing topQ seeds.

Alternative/option: cap is a softcap, if you're above it, it's back to +/-5 rolls.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby bigyikes » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:"haha oh no I can't use one of my many characters for two weeks" is an unacceptably low maximum penalty to losing.

Absolutely shit take right here. Losing a single fight puts your character in the oven for longer than most games temp ban you for breaking rules. Not to mention all the items you lost. This penalty is already magnitudes harsher than every other game on the market.
bigyikes

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:43 pm

bigyikes wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:"haha oh no I can't use one of my many characters for two weeks" is an unacceptably low maximum penalty to losing.

Absolutely shit take right here. Losing a single fight puts your character in the oven for longer than most games temp ban you for breaking rules. Not to mention all the items you lost. This penalty is already magnitudes harsher than every other game on the market.

idk what youre talking about i can prob heal my character in less than a day after a ko. and if you lose actual industry relevant gear thats your fault for taking it outside.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas