List of game breaking balance issues

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Ants » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:03 pm

Granger wrote:Not everyone likes to play this game with multiple characters in parallel.

That sucks, because using alts is an important strategy. Even without the need for forager alts people still make alts for stuff like harvesting honey, learning rage or getting credos. You can't escape alts.

The only reason you don't need forager alts, by the way, is because nobody cares about fights anymore. Otherwise people would KO you to steal your stuff and see if you're carrying keys they could use to raid you.

Granger wrote:I still think that there should be a second server, subscription only with one character per account. While that wouldn't completely remove alts (which are one of the cancers eating the game) it would at least attach a price tag to them to reduce their use.

The second server would be almost empty, you'd literally be playing alone. Terrible idea.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Image
User avatar
Ants
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm
Location: inside your head

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Granger » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:09 pm

bmjclark wrote:Though i guess a few people will finally get that "single player" server they've been looking for.

Ants wrote:The second server would be almost empty, you'd literally be playing alone. Terrible idea.


So you reevaluated and your argument against (reeeeee, population will be split, not enough targets on our server) from back then is no more?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
User avatar
Granger
 
Posts: 9254
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 am

Granger wrote:
bmjclark wrote:Though i guess a few people will finally get that "single player" server they've been looking for.

Ants wrote:The second server would be almost empty, you'd literally be playing alone. Terrible idea.


So you reevaluated and your argument against (reeeeee, population will be split, not enough targets on our server) from back then is no more?


the thing is it wont split the population since nobody wants to play on a literal PAY TO WIN server.
Jorb: Go rub sticks, sprucecap.
Image
#GerdgenDidNothingWrong
User avatar
wonder-ass
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:02 am

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby boshaw » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:45 am

A Granger containment server might not be too bad guys.
Body recovery specialist. Sub Commandadora of Zorg.
Proud Kitchen farmer.
User avatar
boshaw
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby kmarad » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:05 am

You creating a "game breaking" topic is really funny. You are THE game breaker.
Sending criminals to ruin a village, and then "bounty hunters" for "protection".
New players either get raided consistently by you (or your toons), or have to pay hats to play "under your protection".

That's why everyone want resets. When you start 6 months after a new world you are just as good as a rabbit to a fox, and you'll get farmed as such by the established factions.
Isn't that game breaking.

Then seeing you so proud that people suck your dick hoping that you'll leave them play in peace... Dude you are sick, please seek mental help.
kmarad
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Ants » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:20 pm

kmarad wrote:You creating a "game breaking" topic is really funny. You are THE game breaker.
Sending criminals to ruin a village, and then "bounty hunters" for "protection".
New players either get raided consistently by you (or your toons), or have to pay hats to play "under your protection".

That's why everyone want resets. When you start 6 months after a new world you are just as good as a rabbit to a fox, and you'll get farmed as such by the established factions.
Isn't that game breaking.

Then seeing you so proud that people suck your dick hoping that you'll leave them play in peace... Dude you are sick, please seek mental help.

How can people get farmed when one hit kills are impossible and properly built villages are nearly unraidable...? I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. If you've gotten raid threats they were probably just hot air. Right now raids are technically possible but so boring that nobody bothers with them. If you're actually getting bothered by fighters, you could ask for help on discord. I'm sure some people thirsty for action would be willing to help for free.

If titans killing noobs was a legitimate issue, something like this should probably be enough to solve it:
Image
With a PVP stat cap or stat rescale, it would be harder for anyone to really dominate over others and you could probably find plenty of bounty hunters willing to avenge you.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Image
User avatar
Ants
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm
Location: inside your head

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:19 am

It's pretty cringe seeing people from 50 map tile big faction villages that don't participate in siege telling hermits they're unradiable. Raiding villages that don't have infinite resources/that aren't super compartmentalized takes very little effort.

ofc I don't know who the fellow above is, though :oops:

Ants wrote:If titans killing noobs was a legitimate issue, something like this should probably be enough to solve it:


lol no it won't. 95% of the playerbase will run away from somebody with 1/3rd their stats without defending and clipping on everything in sight
World 12: Snail
World 11: Snail
World 10: Snail
World 7: Snail
User avatar
SnuggleSnail
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:18 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:95% of the playerbase


youre being generous its prob like 99% :oops:
Jorb: Go rub sticks, sprucecap.
Image
#GerdgenDidNothingWrong
User avatar
wonder-ass
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:02 am

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Ants » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:31 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:It's pretty cringe seeing people from 50 map tile big faction villages that don't participate in siege telling hermits they're unradiable. Raiding villages that don't have infinite resources/that aren't super compartmentalized takes very little effort.

Hermits aren't unraidable if they build poorly. If they build enough palisades, however, only the most autistic raiders will be willing to spend hours trying to break through their walls for their q10 carrots. Spending that long (5+ hours?) attacking some nooblet in a dead game makes your peepee look smaller than a baby carrot, there's no point. Compartmentalization seems to be the key to making most big bois give up before even trying. You yourself have said that proper construction is a good raider deterrent.
SnuggleSnail wrote:I'd unironically be willing to give any potential raiders tour of my base because I know the only result is them being demotivated to siege me.


Anyways I'm no expert on siege, so I'll just drop this topic before I put my foot in my mouth. You know more about the system than I do.
Last edited by Ants on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Image
User avatar
Ants
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm
Location: inside your head

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Lyrroth » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:11 pm

Why are first day killer alts a big deal? Early world is probably the best time to die since you can get back everything you lost relatively fast. Just get someone to build you a beacon and respawn.

Here's how you protect yourself:
1. Learn yeomanry as fast as you can. build a claim and some palisades.
There you go, now no bandit can get to your crafters.


what kind of bullshitery is that ants? they are big deal because they first will secure area by getting rid of any competition regardless if those players would help them or be their pain in the ass. secondly those people will target anyone outside of their secured area for fun because if you have no idea claims take time to dry and its enough for a random killer in multiple numbers scattered all around the world to bash your claim and kill you. experienced it 3 times in a row until one time i just hid in a cave somebody already check for ore and probably never bothered again and i was finally secured. how many people could share such fate if they didnt got the white flag yet? true you dont lose much but if you cant get much in the first place.

going further people who think any raiders - me included - spend time on raiding noobs with siege weapons are really naive or dumb. make vandal alt easly then put wb then wait for the victim to investigate scents and kill or ko and grab stuff. if you dont hit a metagamer then more than half time you get the keys and can almost effortlessly inflict even more suffering and pain to poor people that you stumbled upon assuming they didnt quit after the first kill or ko. settuping something like this doesnt take a lot of time. not to say some stupid random ass did try to pull that tactic twice on me during last world and lost few vandals alts since its hard to fool somebody using same tactic.

just because hermit base is almost the same as faction base in terms of raiding time it doesnt matter people wont find a way to do pain in other way that either doesnt involve siege or involves it in a way where a hermit is already in position of having time to escape or not
User avatar
Lyrroth
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests