List of game breaking balance issues

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Lyrroth wrote:
Why are first day killer alts a big deal? Early world is probably the best time to die since you can get back everything you lost relatively fast. Just get someone to build you a beacon and respawn.

Here's how you protect yourself:
1. Learn yeomanry as fast as you can. build a claim and some palisades.
There you go, now no bandit can get to your crafters.


what kind of bullshitery is that ants? they are big deal because they first will secure area by getting rid of any competition regardless if those players would help them or be their pain in the ass. secondly those people will target anyone outside of their secured area for fun because if you have no idea claims take time to dry and its enough for a random killer in multiple numbers scattered all around the world to bash your claim and kill you. experienced it 3 times in a row until one time i just hid in a cave somebody already check for ore and probably never bothered again and i was finally secured. how many people could share such fate if they didnt got the white flag yet? true you dont lose much but if you cant get much in the first place.

going further people who think any raiders - me included - spend time on raiding noobs with siege weapons are really naive or dumb. make vandal alt easly then put wb then wait for the victim to investigate scents and kill or ko and grab stuff. if you dont hit a metagamer then more than half time you get the keys and can almost effortlessly inflict even more suffering and pain to poor people that you stumbled upon assuming they didnt quit after the first kill or ko. settuping something like this doesnt take a lot of time. not to say some stupid random ass did try to pull that tactic twice on me during last world and lost few vandals alts since its hard to fool somebody using same tactic.

just because hermit base is almost the same as faction base in terms of raiding time it doesnt matter people wont find a way to do pain in other way that either doesnt involve siege or involves it in a way where a hermit is already in position of having time to escape or not


literally all this was emotional garbage and no actual constructive argument against the "dying in the beginning literally doesnt matter"
Jorb: Go rub sticks, sprucecap.
Image
#GerdgenDidNothingWrong
User avatar
wonder-ass
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:02 am

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Lyrroth » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:23 pm

wonder-ass wrote:emotional garbage


yes but actually no
for you its not a lot
for people outside factions it might be

suck it up boi not only big dicks and small peeps play this game
User avatar
Lyrroth
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:35 am

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby meowtits » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:58 pm

most of this seams liike a bitch that its not mine craft, you play a game knowthing this is how you play it (worse you are a leader of ONE of the realms) why not just go play mine craft rather then make another game function like it??
world 11 - The Hermit Shop
world 12 - City of gears Hiding
meowtits
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Ants » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Ultimately, this is why I think death should be easier:
server.png
server.png (27.4 KiB) Viewed 332 times

The playercount is low. At peak time, it seems roughly equal to late worlds back when it was easier to die. This shows that despite all the angry posts on the forum, murder doesn't seem to have much impact on the amount of people playing.

Lyrroth wrote:
Why are first day killer alts a big deal? Early world is probably the best time to die since you can get back everything you lost relatively fast. Just get someone to build you a beacon and respawn.

Here's how you protect yourself:
1. Learn yeomanry as fast as you can. build a claim and some palisades.
There you go, now no bandit can get to your crafters.


what kind of bullshitery is that ants? they are big deal because they first will secure area by getting rid of any competition regardless if those players would help them or be their pain in the ass. secondly those people will target anyone outside of their secured area for fun because if you have no idea claims take time to dry and its enough for a random killer in multiple numbers scattered all around the world to bash your claim and kill you. experienced it 3 times in a row until one time i just hid in a cave somebody already check for ore and probably never bothered again and i was finally secured. how many people could share such fate if they didnt got the white flag yet? true you dont lose much but if you cant get much in the first place.

going further people who think any raiders - me included - spend time on raiding noobs with siege weapons are really naive or dumb. make vandal alt easly then put wb then wait for the victim to investigate scents and kill or ko and grab stuff. if you dont hit a metagamer then more than half time you get the keys and can almost effortlessly inflict even more suffering and pain to poor people that you stumbled upon assuming they didnt quit after the first kill or ko. settuping something like this doesnt take a lot of time. not to say some stupid random ass did try to pull that tactic twice on me during last world and lost few vandals alts since its hard to fool somebody using same tactic.

just because hermit base is almost the same as faction base in terms of raiding time it doesnt matter people wont find a way to do pain in other way that either doesnt involve siege or involves it in a way where a hermit is already in position of having time to escape or not



1. If you say you want to help them, they might let you live and maybe even protect you from other killers. Snugglesnail was right when he talked about Haven having meaningful dialogue. You'd probably still have to move somewhere else if you started building on turf they want to claim though, territory is serious business. If they kill your character anyways and tell you to eat dirt, well... that's Haven. Nothing is easy in this game. At that point you could try building a claim again until you succeed, ask others for assistance or ragequit.

2. Raiding people by stealing their keys doesn't count as a true raid in my opinion. That's the kind of stuff that could easily be avoided by not walking around outside with important keys on your character. If a sprucecap builds his base right and doesn't make any blatant mistakes like that, I think they might be nearly invulnerable.

Lyrroth wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:emotional garbage


yes but actually no
for you its not a lot
for people outside factions it might be

suck it up boi not only big dicks and small peeps play this game

How do you feel about world resets? The way I see it, you can't play Haven without getting curbstomped by someone eventually. If it's not raiders who smash your stuff, it's the devs when the world ends. The difference is that when a raider does it you get to inherit stats and credos but when the devs do it, you lose everything except the cash items in your hearthfire. Nothing here lasts more than a year or two.
Last edited by Ants on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Image
User avatar
Ants
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm
Location: inside your head

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:00 pm

I won't say anything about the quality of those suggestions (but should notice that they given as absolute dogmas while being just a personal feeling, which isn't good IMO), but should admit they all have one similar moment - no way they should be implemented mid-world.
Any of these changes will give huge advantages to those who fit them better (and since the OP is Queen of one faction - it's kinda clear who it will be), so it makes me pretty sad that some of them were already implemented.
:(
User avatar
Enjoyment_2
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby azrid » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:46 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Problem
People have too much HP, and it's dumb.

Agreed!
Image
User avatar
azrid
 
Posts: 2724
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Ants » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:42 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:I won't say anything about the quality of those suggestions (but should notice that they given as absolute dogmas while being just a personal feeling, which isn't good IMO), but should admit they all have one similar moment - no way they should be implemented mid-world.
Any of these changes will give huge advantages to those who fit them better (and since the OP is Queen of one faction - it's kinda clear who it will be), so it makes me pretty sad that some of them were already implemented.
:(

I think most people wouldn't mind a world reset.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Image
User avatar
Ants
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm
Location: inside your head

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:46 am

Ants wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:I won't say anything about the quality of those suggestions (but should notice that they given as absolute dogmas while being just a personal feeling, which isn't good IMO), but should admit they all have one similar moment - no way they should be implemented mid-world.
Any of these changes will give huge advantages to those who fit them better (and since the OP is Queen of one faction - it's kinda clear who it will be), so it makes me pretty sad that some of them were already implemented.
:(

I think most people wouldn't mind a world reset.

Well, now we have that either, and seems like half of w12 changelog is jut copy-paste of SS wish-list. Good to know that devs don't have privileges with one faction and want all the players to have equal abilities.
User avatar
Enjoyment_2
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby vidgin » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:17 pm

it is funny that people who protects "perma-death" suggest to use alts. Let's just be honest: perma-killing alts is NOT perma-kill. Because attacker is always in VICTORY position than DEFENDER. Because when I want to go on killing spree, I take my battle-Alt and go for victims. When I am getting attacked I can manage my main-character. So ... It is obvious that existince of battle-Alts kills the mean of perma-deaths. Because loosing the alt and loosing the main-character ARE NOT EQUIL.

Another fun moment: those people suggest to stay inside the walls. Do you offer it seriously? Do you want players live inside their villages and claims and don't see the world?

So if we take both suggestion, then we get real "the way" they want the game to be played: play minecraft on main characters and use a lot of alts for battle, for forage, for hunting, etc.! And this is only way to play with Perma-death, because other ways will be boring. Do you think it is funny to play one character without alts and live inside Pallisade 100% of the time?? No, it is not funny.

Yeah, feeling of close perma-death - is cool. But it doesn't work when every asshole use alts. So don't pretend that you like that feelings. You like feelings when you perma-kill other main-characters, nothing more. You like feeling when you ruin other gameplay and game. Nothing more.

I just want to say, that we need fights, we need risks, we need the opportunity to fight other players but without Perma-deaths. Loosing everything is fun untill you loose it. But you (voters for permanent deaths) will nevery know that fun, because of ALTS ALTS ALTS ALTS.
vidgin
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:23 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:
Ants wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:I won't say anything about the quality of those suggestions (but should notice that they given as absolute dogmas while being just a personal feeling, which isn't good IMO), but should admit they all have one similar moment - no way they should be implemented mid-world.
Any of these changes will give huge advantages to those who fit them better (and since the OP is Queen of one faction - it's kinda clear who it will be), so it makes me pretty sad that some of them were already implemented.
:(

I think most people wouldn't mind a world reset.

Well, now we have that either, and seems like half of w12 changelog is jut copy-paste of SS wish-list. Good to know that devs don't have privileges with one faction and want all the players to have equal abilities.


throw back to when jorb cut down our quest tree with out even asking us because ad said it was bugged haHA
Jorb: Go rub sticks, sprucecap.
Image
#GerdgenDidNothingWrong
User avatar
wonder-ass
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 5 guests