galena is herpes and the world gen is shit

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

galena is herpes and the world gen is shit

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 am

Hello,

There is no thesis here. The world gen sucks fucking cock. Certain parts of the world are 100% ore. Other parts have literally no iron.

Galena is the herpes of the southeastern region of the map. It is mineral herpes. It gets fucking everywhere. Or glitter. I wouldn't give a fuck if galena wasn't the only ore I mine when strip mining for 50-100 supports worth of area OR distance.
This is shit.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: galena is herpes and the world gen is shit

Postby Vigilance » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:47 am

the geographical nature of ores this world sucks ass

i like galena peppering everything super cool
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby fallout » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:47 am

You cant say one area is shit if you have only ever mined in that one place. Galena is just everywhere, and im pretty sure it was loftars idea to make prospecting useless.
fallout

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:48 am

fallout wrote:You cant say one area is shit if you have only ever mined in that one place.

I'm really interested in how you managed to come to this conclusion with no evidence and a statement that suggests otherwise right before it.

I have mined elsewhere with plenty of ore. Meanwhile, I'm back at my original continent, and my god it sucks just as hard as it did early on.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Vigilance » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 am

hello ive mined in the southern region, northeastern, northwestern, and midwestern areas of the world

they all suck because iron is not a constant and readily available metal and on shallower levels this is a dealbreaker

world start was pain
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:52 am

I hasn't really been that much better previous worlds, though. I can think of plenty of instances I couldn't find hard metal in the wider area I spawned in on multiple characters in a given world.

agree that galena spawning needs to scale back. If I were to put a number on it... 30%? I haven't explored extensively this world yet.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MightySheep » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:12 am

having different regions produce different results feels like a really dumb thing to even put in the game imo, I still remember how incredibly frustrating it was trying to find any gold, especially when we knew other solo miners that were swimming in it
MightySheep

Postby fallout » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:46 am

Massa wrote:
fallout wrote:You cant say one area is shit if you have only ever mined in that one place.

I'm really interested in how you managed to come to this conclusion with no evidence and a statement that suggests otherwise right before it.

You found one nice area, and havent since, so you came to the conclusion that some areas "are 100% ore" and areas that "have no iron".

In my findings, you're probably leaving out heavy earth and chalcopyrite for starters. It'd get you the copper and tin you need while you work on digging to better levels. Just from exploring around abandoned bases and exploring random unclaimed caves with mineholes inside to levels 7 and 8 just randomly throughtout the map, hematite spawns in pretty BIG veins, some decent ones ive found myself, the biggest caverns from my travels looked to have yielded dozens of stockpiles. This is travels from across the southern continent and a couple mid islands. Its generally shit everywhere, especially if the only "not shit' ore veins are hematite and magnetite to you.
fallout

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:01 am

fallout wrote:
Massa wrote:

You found one nice area, and havent since, so you came to the conclusion that some areas "are 100% ore" and areas that "have no iron".

In my findings, you're probably leaving out heavy earth and chalcopyrite for starters. It'd get you the copper and tin you need while you work on digging to better levels. Just from exploring around abandoned bases and exploring random unclaimed caves with mineholes inside to levels 7 and 8 just randomly throughtout the map, hematite spawns in pretty BIG veins, some decent ones ive found myself, the biggest caverns from my travels looked to have yielded dozens of stockpiles. This is travels from across the southern continent and a couple mid islands. Its generally shit everywhere, especially if the only "not shit' ore veins are hematite and magnetite to you.

come to my mine you will not see anything that isn't galena or coal and you will spend hours walking

we've had to import/steal metal just to keep searching for some
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Return to Critique & Ideas