dead bodies are sink now?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

dead bodies are sink now?

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:55 am

just put it into water and it disappeared....
how it works? can i somehow catch it to bury?
ctopolon4

Re: dead bodies are sink now?

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:01 pm

reported as off-topic, that's C&I not "How do I?"
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:48 pm

You mean player corpse? They should float until they decay into skeletons.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:17 pm

vatas wrote:They should float until they decay into skeletons.

should, but it dissapear when i pick it up, and put it in water again
ctopolon4

Postby Fostik » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:16 pm

Unable to find a reference, but devs mentioned somewhere, that corpses decays in about ~30 mins in water, without a skeleton.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:17 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:
vatas wrote:They should float until they decay into skeletons.

should, but it dissapear when i pick it up, and put it in water again

Anything dropped over water disappears. It's a known thing, and that I'm aware, no changes planned for the near future--player bodies, animals, containers, anvils, etc.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 am

MagicManICT wrote:Anything dropped over water disappears. It's a known thing, and that I'm aware, no changes planned for the near future--player bodies, animals, containers, anvils, etc.

I don't think that should be the case; dead bodies have always been possible to drop into water, and if anything IIRC we recently fixed a bug with some special edge-case where they were mistakenly destroyed by being dropped into water.

The 30-minute skeletization time for bodies in water is more likely what happened here, I think. The time is counted from the time of death, so there is a, perhaps somewhat unintuitive, interaction in that if you drop a body that has been dead for more than 30 minutes into water, then it will skeletize almost immediately by that action. And, indeed, they don't actually leave a skeleton behind in water.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ctopolon4 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:50 am

loftar wrote:The 30-minute skeletization time for bodies in water

thx. good to know. it will cost just "few more" numen quests,btw here is much clean. without tons of corpses on the water
ctopolon4

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:44 am

loftar wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Anything dropped over water disappears. It's a known thing, and that I'm aware, no changes planned for the near future--player bodies, animals, containers, anvils, etc.

I don't think that should be the case; dead bodies have always been possible to drop into water, and if anything IIRC we recently fixed a bug with some special edge-case where they were mistakenly destroyed by being dropped into water.

I stand corrected. There's been so many changes over the years that it's hard to keep track of them all. :oops:
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas