Balance Purple Bats

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Balance Purple Bats

Postby xzo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:55 pm

This is based on This Topic, please read if you doubt the logic behind the idea, although i would like to keep this suggestion as a separate topic, in case there are other ideas how to balance it out

I suggest to add a form of wound to bats spawned by Purple Bats, that slowly kills them, 1hp every 5 minutes

so what would happen is that you engage the fight, they spawns their zerg big time, you run to the exit, wait few hours, and you can try it again with few more friends
presently they dont die, and you call your friends, their client crashes, they get dropped, end of adventure

we, and I believe that decent part of community community would agree, we want to have more adventures, dont take it away by not fixing balance issues, this might not be a syntax error but by the outcome it is definitely logical error and needs to be looked after

that wont nerf the power level of purple bats, and make dungeons more fun, if players lure loads of purple bats to the entrance they will have some opportunity to try again after few hours
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Re: Balance Purple Bats

Postby Dogswards » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:04 pm

While personally I think this isn't enough to fix the clusterfuck that are dungeons, it's still a step in the right direction, so +1 from me.
Dogswards

Postby elilasol » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Another potential fix is to have bats keep track of what they spawn, and have a limit to the number of active spawns per pink bat. Like a reasonable three or four.
elilasol

Postby SovietUnion » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Anybody got the crash report?
Notable characters: Cpt. Danko, Kng. Danko

LS of MorningWood (as of W7)
North Star market owner (W11)
King of North Star Kingdom & Market (W12)
LS of MorningWood (W13), quit early cause reasons
Open village of North Star (W14)

"Not really. But meh.. who needs proper communication anyways"
SovietUnion

Return to Critique & Ideas