Dungeon rewards

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Dungeon rewards

Postby azrid » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:00 am

SaltyCrate wrote:My point isn't that I dislike how I personally would be affected by the changes, but that it all seem pointless waste of devs time

This change is so small and would help a lot in the eyes of many experienced players. You really need to look at some streams where they create content to see how fast and capable they are at spitting it out.
Small important change like this is like taking a piss break for them.
The "bot argument is overused" argument and too much dev time argument are the most lazy rebuttals in this case.
azrid

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 am

azrid wrote:
SaltyCrate wrote:My point isn't that I dislike how I personally would be affected by the changes, but that it all seem pointless waste of devs time

This change is so small and would help a lot in the eyes of many experienced players. You really need to look at some streams where they create content to see how fast and capable they are at spitting it out.
Small important change like this is like taking a piss break for them.
The "bot argument is overused" argument and too much dev time argument are the most lazy rebuttals in this case.

Removal of any mechanic is a time consuming process: A) the time to create the mechanic, B) time to remove the mechanic, C) time to discuss if the mechanic really needs removed. Yes, removing it will be relatively quick compared to other things that have been removed in the past, but don't discount that time lost. This is a part of being a game that is "eternal alpha," as jorb likes to put it, both for players, and for the developers.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby blank » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:12 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:RE: pussifying the game

OK. There are currently afaik somewhere between 0-3 people grinding their stats right now. Your chance is running into somebody spooky in the world is basically zero even over an extremely long period of activity. Which world more suits carebears more:

i think you are under exaggerating this alot, especially since hunger and tables were fixed.. FYI. heh
blank

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas