Development Headsup: K/O-mechanics, Archery Towers

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Development Headsup: K/O-mechanics, Archery Towers

Postby tyrtix » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:49 am

before applying a patch like this, you should, as a dev, be SURE anyone cannot loose his ward to a game problem/mechanic. Example: i live in a small island atm, have put my heart fire outside of my small walled area, just a few tiles. Teleported back some days ago, when the game loaded up the screen i was ko'ed on the ground because i was instantly attacked by a pack of wolves. I also still remember last world, when i was killed on my knarr because of a server problem and my toon was still online after the crash for a few MINUTES (not seconds); heck, some days you can be ko'ed by ants too for lag or just because you had a new toon and got a champ ant...then there's mining, and all the shit that gets out of the walls like aliens do when you mine, then you can have a collapse EVEN if you had supports in place, then there are animals you cannot run from if they target you and now you cannot even get inside a mound for safety because said animal can simply bash it and ko again.

Then there's the fact you don't have numen thingy at start but only after a while you're playing, making everyone that did not raised enough LP to get the skill totally unsafe and with no way to find safety except by asking to a community. Man, really, if you want everyone not in pvp to stop playing, keep going: the game already have a learning curve on many aspects so steep it needs crampons or a rope to get to it, then you keep changing things that are working decently every 3-4 months...damn, keeping our knowledge of the game on par with the changes starts to begin a work!

Btw: a good way to implement a form of protection, especially for noobs and for those who won't tamper in pvp that much, can be having a hinerit mechanic that gives back less and less the more times you die: maybe from 80% skill/stat the first time, and going down by 5-10% for each death; also, remove the recipes and combat discoveries to be found again, the character will hinerit them too but the more he dies, the more of the discoveries he forget.
tyrtix

Re: Development Headsup: K/O-mechanics, Archery Towers

Postby blank » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:36 pm

tyrtix wrote:i live in a small island atm, have put my heart fire outside of my small walled area

:geek: and you dont see the issue here?

tyrtix wrote:then you can have a collapse EVEN if you had supports in place

what probably happened was you mined for too long without repairing supports. they take damage over time and if left they will cause cave in. so this is intended..
blank

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas