Development Headsup: K/O-mechanics, Archery Towers

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Development Headsup: K/O-mechanics, Archery Towers

Postby Ants » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:26 am

Thanks for asking the community for their opinion on PVP changes. <3

Tahlia wrote:losing ALL skills and knowledge (to me this is the most frustrating thing)

FYI, you can make the knowledge loss less frustrating by making a library or visiting a public library. When you discover something, describe it on a parchment and store it in a tower.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby morfeins » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:24 pm

pvp is hardest part in this game specific mechanic where mostly new ppl don’t understand and quit game..i will say this game is not ready talk even about full loot and pvp!!
Like I said u missing piercing, slashing, bashing its standard part in any pvp game
Plus u just use sword or axe!! Archery What is archery???
For any not strong fighter massive problem is drink in fight time!!
Plus this card game and stuck on trees .. no button when u just hold and u run all time need make mouse click…
But much more worst is that when only guys who grind stats rullz
My offer for change pvp in game is first
When u buy murder skill and when u miss murder skill!! Where must need to be different!!
So murder can kill any players with murder skill and the same time they can be killed ty even someone don’t have murder skill (atm. For this game been killed is realy hardcore and ppl who want kill they need pay big price… its not one day job for get up stats its massive job )
So if u don’t have murder skill max what ppl can do is make K.0 plus and been get K.O ty
Only whey how ppl who don’t have murder skill can be killed by nidbane…
For that u need work on Nidbane fix them bugs and make them stronger!! On quality!!!
After change system nidbane and murder on game only then is point work on piercing, slashing, bashing like armor and weapoint!!
Fix different between old player and new its on armor and weapoint not on they stats..
I will offer when u make higher armor or weapoint it must need request stats like example 100kquality sword request 200 str 100 agi. But 200 quality sword request 400 str 200 agility
Different between 100 Q and 200Q dps must need be max 10 dps plus equal armor defence bonus
So if u make K.O system how I write u get much more activities around on open world...
morfeins

Postby boreial » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:37 am

we have the rage and murder skills, make the passificist and evade/ escape skill tHAT COUNTER THE FIRST 2,

and fix the differance in PvP combat and PvE so the system knows the fricken difference so yeah I can dye from a bear attack and not from some bored ass player that just wants to piss off some non comabt oreinted player.
boreial

Postby saltyfish » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:45 am

Lets get one step back, because this discussion and opinions may not be that much important at all.

The game is around for many years and I see that things are changed forth-and-back, forth-and-back, patch over patch over patch over patch, etc. You will argue till u will get hyperventilated, then in few months there will be another patch, and so the story goes... :( . True, the game in alpha (as devs call it), but after so many years I don't see the effort to solidify into something matured. Don't get me wrong - this game has fantastic concept and overall good immersive feeling. But there few reasons why this not going anywhere and destined to eventually fail: 1) the game design is fractured; mostly because over years of "patching" the true idea and design strategy was probably lost; 2) my observation and impression is that devs are listening only to ppl what they want to listen. IF they really really really into listening the community - make public voting and implement for what majority wants (which I bet would probably bring some players base back).
saltyfish

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:00 am

saltyfish wrote:Lets get one step back, because this discussion and opinions may not be that much important at all.

The game is around for many years and I see that things are changed forth-and-back, forth-and-back, patch over patch over patch over patch, etc. You will argue till u will get hyperventilated, then in few months there will be another patch, and so the story goes... :( . True, the game in alpha (as devs call it), but after so many years I don't see the effort to solidify into something matured. Don't get me wrong - this game has fantastic concept and overall good immersive feeling. But there few reasons why this not going anywhere and destined to eventually fail: 1) the game design is fractured; mostly because over years of "patching" the true idea and design strategy was probably lost; 2) my observation and impression is that devs are listening only to ppl what they want to listen. IF they really really really into listening the community - make public voting and implement for what majority wants (which I bet would probably bring some players base back).

At the core of this is a passion project between two friends, so the community voting thing will likely never happen (at least not for major design decisions). Community directed content could help and it would drive up player numbers, but in the end if it doesn't fit into their grande vision then it won't be considered/added in.

The secret is to trick Jorb into thinking that your idea was his idea and then cross your fingers that he will stumble onto it again on patch day
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby pppp » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 am

Consider zoning, so different zones would have different rule sets. That includes below proposal or otherwise.

Consider making KO protection dependent on distance from hearthfire / village totem / realm grounds. That would make defenders stronger. Yeah, HF can be moved, but the new place needs to be established first and defended later. There can be 24h+ cooldown timer to move KO protection zone after moving a HF. A siege camp would be quite meaningful in that context.
pppp

Postby Tarnum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:01 pm

Difference with rage and no rage must be removed. For now some guys abuse mechanic to become immortal killers (extend village claim everywhere, make huge pclaim at metheorite area, it allow them attak people without rage, but they protected by none rage mechanic).
W3 LS of Boar Bay
W4 LS of Herbalist
W5 LS of Axes village
W6 LS of Abode of Hermit
W7 LS of Tarnum's Hermitage
W8 Hermit
W9 Emerald City, Ni Knights
W10 King of Silver Soul
W11 AD, LS of Ocean Store
Tarnum

Postby avros008 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:34 pm

just remove the ko protection. There is no meaing in making it more complex and useless for regular people.
dafels wrote:the midges are not the problem,
you're the problem
avros008

Postby pawnchito » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:18 am

Death has many meanings to different players. I think some people really place a high value on a character regardless of what the stat numbers look like. They are players that fill up the vast world and keep it alive. They should be encouraged to play not to quit. Taking a life should be as felt as losing a character. Staying logged on inside your claims once you walk your merry ass home doesnt feel equitable. Characters made 1 hour at a time take months to build. I think there should be a bounty or some other system applied to killers so that they can receive justice for a gank on same random pleb.

Ko protection is totally useful to random people trying to live their life sometimes outside of their palisades. I know last world I was much more selective of what was outside my gates because of the looming threat of death.

A battle standard or some other such decive can be used to designate fight zones free of a penalty and maybe some extra stuff to encourage combat and siege.
pawnchito

Postby Elur » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:25 am

Since I'm relatively new (well, returning from legacy, but never been more than a scrub) - and new players are mentioned a lot as a target group in this topic - I decided to throw in my 2 cents.

First of all I have to say that as a casual player I'm enjoying the game a lot more precisely because of the changes I've seen compared to legacy - and the biggest one surely is the "get Rage - risk dying" one. According to my humble observations this has made people more social, I've managed to meet at least 10 different characters and not get pummeled thus far - I traded quest items, chatted with random people, made some friends. I even got my girlfriend and am currently enlisting more people to play the game as it is way more newb-friendly than I remember legacy haven ever being (as a hermit - autohearth was a must, I've lost at least 3 chars back in the day, each close encounter I've had back in legacy ended up with the person/people attacking me, no exceptions). To be honest - I don't know much about higher level play and the problems that the current system poses - I just want to say that for me and my friends - it has drawn us back into the game.

On a second note the proposed system sounds contrary to its purpose, as many have already stated (advanced players will enjoy greater protection, which they do anyway because of higher stats/higher skill and game knowledge). If the greatest problem of the current "always on" protection is that people are griefing with fresh characters - a simpler solution is available imho. Rage stays the same but becomes a prerequisite for Tresspassing, Vandalism, etc. You want to grief? Sure, you just have to invest all those LP + expose your alt to the risk of dying. Tying in the numen system to a castable death ward seems kind of convoluted, to be honest.

And lastly - if the dev goal is to make death a bigger possibility during hunting - carnivores should, imo, be able to kill you from time to time (lynx, bear and any new ones that come in the future), regardless of the char having Rage or not. Even if you're new it should be obvious that approaching a large, growling bear is not a smart idea.

Sorry if my contributions seem overly simplistic, just trying to help. Love the game btw, thank you, devs, for the hard work and I'm glad the community is still holding strong. Cheers!
Elur

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas