Indoor buildings.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Indoor buildings.

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:59 pm

I was hoping we could build stuff like ovens, fire places, cisterns, granaries, garden sheds, smelters, kiln, bonfires, forge, palisade and fences, inside houses, mostly for decoration, or practical use.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Re: Indoor buildings.

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:02 pm

SlicingTheMoon wrote:I was hoping we could build stuff like ovens, fire places, cisterns, granaries, garden sheds, smelters, kiln, bonfires, forge, palisade and fences, inside houses, mostly for decoration, or practical use.

Walls inside houses would be kind of pointless, because one could just destroy the house!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:13 pm

shubla wrote:
SlicingTheMoon wrote:I was hoping we could build stuff like ovens, fire places, cisterns, granaries, garden sheds, smelters, kiln, bonfires, forge, palisade and fences, inside houses, mostly for decoration, or practical use.

Walls inside houses would be kind of pointless, because one could just destroy the house!

That also raises the question of what would happen to those other stuff inside the house when it's destroyed. Currently stuff gets popped out but it's mostly just movable furniture and containers. Could test with extraction presses if you have time and materials to spare. Build a Timber House with cellar and fill both main floor and cellar to the brim with them, then bash or wrecking ball the house.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:46 am

A frequently requested subject, one that is already in the works.

vatas wrote:That also raises the question of what would happen to those other stuff inside the house when it's destroyed. Currently stuff gets popped out but it's mostly just movable furniture and containers. Could test with extraction presses if you have time and materials to spare. Build a Timber House with cellar and fill both main floor and cellar to the brim with them, then bash or wrecking ball the house.

I'm sure there are already plans for this as modular housing and the "object controlled objects" concept is still in the works. How everything will work together remains to be seen when that gets here... someday.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Lyrroth » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:50 pm

anybody miss tower inside tower inside tower?
Lyrroth

Return to Critique & Ideas