No more season related quests

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

No more season related quests

Postby kmarad » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:32 am

Having to fetch those mushrooms that only spawn in autumn while it's early summer is just a pain and can be quite frustrating for players not belonging to a big village where everything is available.
kmarad

Re: No more season related quests

Postby Ants » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:26 am

Solution for quests that ask you to deliver seasonal items: prepare in advance, check markets or ask people on discord.

The only seasonal quests that should really be taken out are the ones that ask you to pick things that can't be picked during the current season.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby shubla » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:51 pm

Ants wrote:Solution for quests that ask you to deliver seasonal items: prepare in advance, check markets or ask people on discord.

The only seasonal quests that should really be taken out are the ones that ask you to pick things that can't be picked during the current season.

I agree! of course that has some impacts on questing in new worlds.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby thesoldier » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:22 pm

I agree, I recently finished doing foraging credo, but during winter to early spring I had to wait a couple weeks just to get blue berries and chantrelles for quests.
thesoldier

Postby kmarad » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:00 am

I feel you man. People told me I had to wait for autumn to get those parasol mushrooms. Wikipedia says they grow from july to october. I've looked for them in summer, now it's autumn in game, and can't find any.
My sister cancelled a quest because it was about getting chives the first day of autumn when there is none anymore and you have to wait a few months...
Really those quests suck. Asking someone to get something he cannot get is not cool at all. Especially for new players who'll spend a long time looking for it.
The game is already tough for new comers, remove those impossible quests, please.
kmarad

Postby Lyrroth » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:23 pm

jorb wrote: I have to say that some credos being hard to complete during off-seasons seems kind of fine to me.
Lyrroth

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:40 pm

Sometimes the credos deserve to win
DDDsDD999

Return to Critique & Ideas