restart with 0 credos sucks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: restart with 0 credos sucks

Postby shubla » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:02 pm

jorb wrote:If that's the shift in perspective then I'd rather remove them than normalize having all of them. That wasn't the intention.

There should be just limit on amount that you can get or something, currently seems like people grind 1000 hours to get all of them!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:30 pm

jorb wrote:If that's the shift in perspective then I'd rather remove them than normalize having all of them. That wasn't the intention.

no no no. why i cant switch my game style every day. or i have to feed 10 characters to have variable gameplay? or cave hermits dont wanna extended inventory? or nomads dont want 9*1.5% LP boost while sleep? or i need additional character to craft food to my self faster and with 20% output? or i have to switch character when i get ganked and need that speed boost for cliffs for escape?
ctopolon4

Postby azrid » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:15 am

To fix this we need abyssal insights to be the end reward of ant and beaver dungeons in stead of hearts(which are op).
We get another viable option how to grind credos.
Having more variety on how to reach a goal makes it less boring.
azrid

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:06 am

Ants wrote:In addition to that, I think there's one more thing maybe the devs should consider:
4. Maybe players could keep one character's credos after a world reset.
I'm not sure how that would affect the game though. People starting a new world with all credos would have a massive advantage over real newbies after all..

What about people running 4 or 5 accounts? I haven't used more than a couple in a few worlds, but they're still out there and I could fire them up any time. Grinding out the credos on them would suck, but if I knew this world was running another year, i might just do so just so it's a one-and-done deal. Compared to knocking out credos every new world, it seems such a breeze.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 am

MagicManICT wrote:What about people running 4 or 5 accounts?

problem is: you need to do strider on each one to have chance to escape when go outside palisade, nomad on each one to boost inventory size, hermit to boost LP gain, scholar to spend less time for curio. so all credos must have to have nice gameplay, not grind tons shit and spend alot time for it and have max profrit from it.
here is credos which are not have bonuses needed for every one: diver, cook , potter, blacksmith, herder = so not need to have em on each your character. but diver(!swim spd) & herder(!pony power) also could improve your gameplay and add chances to escape from gank
hermit nomad = donate bonuses = every one want it
cook blacksmith = more output less tedium = also sounds good for everyone (blacksmith must have for Q race)
ctopolon4

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:08 am

ctopolon4 wrote: you need to do strider on each one to have chance to escape when go outside palisade, nomad on each one to boost inventory size, hermit to boost LP gain, scholar to spend less time for curio. so all credos must have to have nice gameplay, not grind tons shit and spend alot time for it and have max profrit from it.

If it's a thing where I only have to do it once and it's done forever, I'd get out and do it on 10 accounts knowing I'll be around here as long as Haven is up and running. As is, with the world resets, some of the credos aren't worth the effort of doing, no matter how much convenience they create or how important it is to "character survival" in combat. I know that line varies by person and their goals in the game, and I'm just one opinion on the matter.

@jorb: if it's there, and available to do, people are going to do it no matter how much they have to abuse themselves over it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ctopolon4 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:03 am

MagicManICT wrote:varies by person and their goals in the game

yep. someone cant chop trees with half speed when somewhere someone do it at full speed
ctopolon4

Postby jock » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:32 am

How about give dugeons a credo quest pass.

Eat it and 1 creedo quest is done.

You can teir the quest and passes to make the harder dugeons more valuable.

It would add more reasons todo them and give another tradable resource.
jock

Postby Aceb » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:59 am

Oh stop being little babies. All games include free feature of starting fresh and You act like a spoiled brat that cannot play the sims without cash code.
Suck it up, new world, new You, new credos. I apprecatie You wanna keep the joles mug full so jorb don't dehydrate, but it would ruin the fresh feeling of restarting the world and be completely againsts it.

If there is a problem with credos, it is the randomness of time gates You have to deal with due to seasons or quests that takes days if not weeks to complete and which are mandatory or far too OP.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby ctopolon4 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:03 am

jock wrote:Eat it and 1 creedo quest is done.

yeah. lets go team (10ppl with 1k stats) we need that bat dungeon to complete 1 of 150 quests for me
ctopolon4

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas