restart with 0 credos sucks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

restart with 0 credos sucks

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:16 am

have you admit that after you play with all credos and donates once = you cant play without it
game looks defective when you have no 10x11 inventory and dont have 20% free Q , speed and output
so all you doing when come back to the game with fresh character you start to grind credos and mostly not play the game until target credo finished
what do you think about :
make credos buyable
make it simple (like game start guide (few quests to understand how to play)) and start to play with credos not after half year of grind quests
make it most part of gameplay ( make quests not tedium\impossible\repeating or\and let us do them 24\7 with no log off for curio or harvest quests )
ctopolon4

Re: restart with 0 credos sucks

Postby Ants » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:24 am

1. That would make the game literally pay2win
2. That would make credos pointless since everyone would have them all
3. This is the only idea that seems worth exploring. How do you suggest they make credos non-tedious, exactly?

In addition to that, I think there's one more thing maybe the devs should consider:
4. Maybe players could keep one character's credos after a world reset.
I'm not sure how that would affect the game though. People starting a new world with all credos would have a massive advantage over real newbies after all..
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:43 am

ctopolon4 wrote:have you admit that after you play with all credos and donates once = you cant play without it
game looks defective when you have no 10x11 inventory and dont have 20% free Q , speed and output
so all you doing when come back to the game with fresh character you start to grind credos and mostly not play the game until target credo finished
what do you think about :
make credos buyable
make it simple (like game start guide (few quests to understand how to play)) and start to play with credos not after half year of grind quests
make it most part of gameplay ( make quests not tedium\impossible\repeating or\and let us do them 24\7 with no log off for curio or harvest quests )

Hard no.
This will never be implemented, it's textbook pay2win.

Getting your credos again is not the end of the world, they help you map out local QGs, promote explorations and pair pretty organically along with natural character development.

I can picture less quests, larger questpools or some other tweaks to make it feel less tedious though.
Last edited by Zentetsuken on Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zentetsuken

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:05 am

How I would rework gaining of Credos:

*Progress meter from 0 to 1000
*You gain current level bonuses at 200, 400, 600 and 800 and at 1000 the credo finishes
*Amount of progress points gained from completing quests modified by the amount of completed Credos
*When starting a Credo or completing a quest on it, you are presented with multiple quests to choose from
*Quests will grant varying amounts of progress points and one of them (generally easier than rest) will give 0 (it is there to essentially re-roll without losing progress)
*Option to burn progress points to re-roll still there, maybe even free re-roll on week cooldown and increased penalty for if you repeatedly abandon
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby DPblH » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:11 am

The one thing that I want to be removed from credo - is to get rid of stupid bonuses like +15 to some stat. There is no problem at all to get those stats. More interesting and new mechanics would be much greater.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby Fostik » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:20 am

DPblH wrote:The one thing that I want to be removed from credo - is to get rid of stupid bonuses like +15 to some stat. There is no problem at all to get those stats. More interesting and new mechanics would be much greater.

This bonuses was pretty good at world start on first credos, i.e. forager, quarryman, miner
But yeah, endgame credo bonuses looks absolutelly unfair for that large amount of quests
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:24 am

vatas wrote:How I would rework gaining of Credos:

*Progress meter from 0 to 1000
*You gain current level bonuses at 200, 400, 600 and 800 and at 1000 the credo finishes
*Amount of progress points gained from completing quests modified by the amount of completed Credos
*When starting a Credo or completing a quest on it, you are presented with multiple quests to choose from
*Quests will grant varying amounts of progress points and one of them (generally easier than rest) will give 0 (it is there to essentially re-roll without losing progress)
*Option to burn progress points to re-roll still there, maybe even free re-roll on week cooldown and increased penalty for if you repeatedly abandon

This actually sounds pretty cool, especially the 0 point quest to reroll.

I think that an idea like this along with a solid new variety of quest types thrown in to the pool would make the grind feel a lot better.
Zentetsuken

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:24 pm

main message was : if i accustomed to verify & sub bonuces i have to spend few $$ to get it,
and if i accustomed to credo bonuses i have to try hard full year (not fun gameplay tbh) to get same point after wipe

P.S. village without donate at world start cant compare with one where each member build faster, carry more, and get more develop x1.5x1.5x1.5 . so already p2w
P.S.S pay to enjoyable gameplay (to not suffer when doing 999 boards every month with half speed and carry half possible and rebuild cheese racks slower)
Last edited by ctopolon4 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctopolon4

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:31 pm

Everybody understood you, it's just a terrible idea that will never be implemented.
Zentetsuken

Postby jorb » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:22 pm

If that's the shift in perspective then I'd rather remove them than normalize having all of them. That wasn't the intention.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas