restart with 0 credos sucks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: restart with 0 credos sucks

Postby azrid » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:03 am

jock wrote:How about give dugeons a credo quest pass.

look at my previous post in this thread its exactly this
ctopolon4 wrote:yeah. lets go team (10ppl with 1k stats) we need that bat dungeon to complete 1 of 150 quests for me

my previous post addresses this problem as well
azrid

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:58 am

jorb wrote:If that's the shift in perspective then I'd rather remove them than normalize having all of them. That wasn't the intention.

One can dream the day that comes.
DDDsDD999

Postby MarcusXDead » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:54 pm

A bit off topic, but the thing I would like to suggest is adding a choise between 2 quest objectives. Like, every time you get a credo quest you'll get smth like:
Farmer credo:
Gain x point(s) of lore/farming/perception
OR
Eat baked good

There's also another option, where you can try to split them by difficulty.:
Farmer credo:
Gain x point(s) of lore/farming/perception
Eat baked good
OR
Slaughter animal

So you'll be able to choose between doing several easy tasks you most likely can do for sure and doing 1 task you may struggle to complete right away
Declining hard/impossible quests is a common practice, right now credos are very luck-dependant and rollbacks may be quite annoying.
The method I suggested will help progressing credos a bit faster by giving "second chance" on every randomly rolled quest.

On the topic, OP just is a powergamer who wants everything, for free, and right now.
Man, don't be a munchkin, and you won't have to make tons of alts and struggle to complete credos 100 times.
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby ctopolon4 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:42 pm

do all available credos in parallel would be awesome, or choose quest like with numen system (even there alot impossible\overpriced quests)
ctopolon4

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:51 pm

jorb wrote:If that's the shift in perspective then I'd rather remove them than normalize having all of them. That wasn't the intention.

Are you not aware that most people who bother to talk about credos have been "normalizing having all of them" as praxis with every new one you've released, since they were introduced?

For the average player they hit the mark pretty well, wrt differentiating each villager, but I've noticed that any """serious""" player will feel like they need almost all of them to be """competitive""".
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:09 pm

Audiosmurf wrote: average player they hit the mark pretty well, wrt differentiating each villager, but I've noticed that any """serious""" player will feel like they need almost all of them to be """competitive""".

In some cases multiple (SCHOLAR)
DDDsDD999

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas