offline keep

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

offline keep

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:26 pm

let us destroy hearth fire of alts near rare resources and all offline keeped items will dropped at ground?
ctopolon4

Re: offline keep

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:49 pm

I'd rather be able to steal from hearth fires. Could leave a unique scent of theft that last longer or takes more hp.
Fierce_Deity

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:11 pm

These suggestions really trigger me, tbh. It's so obvious you didn't think about it for more than a micro-second before writing this. There are like 12 different ways people could completely circumvent the above to the point it'd be irrelevant, and anybody who's played the game for more than 10 minutes would instantly come up with at least one of them.

Within the context of Haven Jorb and Loftar's time are infinitely more valuable than yours. You're wasting thier time by not thinking before writing something they're gonna read.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm

so its ok that here tons of offline stored goods and them not get in trash pool or somewhere else. just deleted from the game
so its ok that every second rare resource are surrounded by hearth fires
so its ok when everyone make alt to keep master keys offline via alt.character
so its ok when you see raid machines and take all expensive stuff to offline and attacker get nothing from you (btw raids are impossible)

same type of abuse when we cant seize village claim because LS offline and we cant kill him

about devs time and pretty hats and huge Jorb notes we have:
add str\con modifier and delete it in next patch,
start to make nontarget combat and add autotargeting attacks into it,
add seasons and broke questing(30RL days wait for frogs and 30RL days wait for morels),
add sled with 0 stamina consumption and broking the "raw hide!" mechanic,
rework siege and rage, and we cant destroy shitty claim pole in forest, and cant kill ppl who defends it (last meteor fight), and cant destroy tons of undefended village banners wich covers half continent
Last edited by ctopolon4 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctopolon4

Postby SaltyCrate » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:26 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:These suggestions really trigger me, tbh. It's so obvious you didn't think about it for more than a micro-second before writing this. There are like 12 different ways people could completely circumvent the above to the point it'd be irrelevant, and anybody who's played the game for more than 10 minutes would instantly come up with at least one of them.

Within the context of Haven Jorb and Loftar's time are infinitely more valuable than yours. You're wasting thier time by not thinking before writing something they're gonna read.

Yeah, that can be applied to like 90% of C&I. Luckily, I do believe based on what I saw on streams that Jorb simply skip most of these threads. Which is a good choice.
SaltyCrate

Postby Fostik » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:29 pm

ctopolon4 be like:
Post dumbasfuck idea
@
Someone argues why this is bad
@
Wall of text about game imbalance, about dev hats, seasons, literally nothing related to starter post

My kindly advise: don't fucking play if everything you wrote harms your gameplay that hard
Last edited by Fostik on Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Fostik wrote:argues why this is bad

where? i see only "i abuse this, dont touch it"
Fostik wrote:wall of text

for who don't understand with few words
ctopolon4

Postby rhzk » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:05 pm

Fostik wrote:ctopolon4 be like:
Post dumbasfuck idea
@
Someone argues why this is bad
@
Wall of text about game imbalance, about dev hats, seasons, literally nothing related to starter post

My kindly advise: don't fucking play if everything you wrote harms your gameplay that hard

You could be less toxic bitch.
rhzk

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:16 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:
Fostik wrote:argues why this is bad

where? i see only "i abuse this, dont touch it"

Your idea doesn't suggest a fix for an abused mechanic at all. If you want to fix alt-vaulting you need to spend some real time and brainstorm a good idea because the concept of alt-vaults has been around for a decade now. Being able to loot a hearthfire near a resource spot would accomplish nothing because nobody uses resource pickers as alt-vaults, and if they did and your idea was implemented then guess what they would stop doing? You didn't spend even 2 minutes thinking about your own suggestion.

ctopolon4 wrote:
Fostik wrote:wall of text

for who don't understand with few words

I'll be honest, it's hard to understand you no matter how many words you use. Stop shublashitposting all over C&I. If you want to provide a modern, well-thought out solution to a problem then spend a fair amount of time considering and developing an idea. Your posts are not ideas or critiques, they are simply kneejerk reactions.
Zentetsuken

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:nobody uses resource pickers

are you sure about that?
here was a problem from w9 with tedium harvest full inventory of rare resource from resource picker
ctopolon4

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas