Credos bad

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Credos bad

Postby TGKBercilak » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:24 pm

while granted i'm fairly new and have been making slow progress through basic credos that shouldn't take this much time, can confirm "bring <autumn spawnable> to XX," followed by "bring <summer spawnable> to YY." while not representative of a well-designed and much-iterated game, also not exactly what i'd call brilliant design, bro. next world, i guess i'll just make a garden with every forageable i can find. and nevermind locality issues with strawberries for a hermit that hasn't been to market, yet. if you wanted me to "pick strawberries" the least you could do if you won't spawn one within an hour by boat or horse, is let me complete the quest by purchasing one off a neighbor and planting it myself.
TGKBercilak

Postby AriZona » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Credos keeps this game alive, in part. Devs should invest more in the credos in this game.

Snail does not want this probably because it is a hassle to botting....
AriZona

Postby vatas » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:10 pm

How I would rework gaining of Credos:

*Progress meter from 0 to 1000
*You gain current level bonuses at 200, 400, 600 and 800 and at 1000 the credo finishes
*Amount of progress points gained from completing quests modified by the amount of completed Credos
*When starting a Credo or completing a quest on it, you are presented with multiple quests to choose from
*Quests will grant varying amounts of progress points and one of them (generally easier than rest) will give 0 (it is there to essentially re-roll without losing progress)
*Option to burn progress points to re-roll still there, maybe even free re-roll on week cooldown and increased penalty for if you repeatedly abandon
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pills » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 pm

ngl, mystic bullshittery was one of the driving forces that made me just not come back to playing this world after I took a break from the game.

I doubt i'll play next world either unless credos get some work done to them to make them actually relevant and bearable.
Pills

Postby Massa » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:12 pm

AriZona wrote:Credos keeps this game alive, in part. Devs should invest more in the credos in this game.

Snail does not want this probably because it is a hassle to botting....

Spiralling kept this game alive. Credos are complete on any character within a few weeks. Furthermore, much of the game isn't worth doing until one has credos.

If one of my friends tried mining without miner at the VERY least, ideally gemhunter, I'd probably tell him to get his own mine and smelters.

Credos are a case of being too good for themselves, annoying, obtuse, and poorly designed.

I'm sure more people quit before they even attempt mystic than strive to complete it. Why? Because it's fucking awful.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby MadNomad » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 pm

you can't be everything :roll:
MadNomad

Postby Massa » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:46 pm

MadNomad wrote:you can't be everything :roll:

>make softcaps require a trillion different, new stats
>explicitly say this is to reduce alting and have more rounded characters
>then do this, for this logic
>people then spew this shit as if it's not retarded

did you ride the short bus?
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby MadNomad » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:56 pm

ouch it seems like it was not pleasant to read this one, but I was like... half-serious at the best here

as for fixing credos - I think scaling is the major problem here and if it was reduced to something reasonable it would probably fix roughly 80% of annoyingness
MadNomad

Postby hektor96643 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:02 am

Salad wrote:What's bad about them though?

I think the answer to that is the same as I read everytime I saw Snail complaining, which goes like that: "I don't like this game's feature because I can't exploit it properly with my bot scripts"
hektor96643

Postby Ocerion » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:31 pm

I know my opinion isn't all too important, but seriously, as a more or less hermit (I play with two other people) fuck credos. Its hard as fuck to complete credos with seasons getting in the way all the time, combined with lethargy and fear of crazy fucking murderers roaming the hearth lands looking to murder anyone not wearing a snail or whatever the fuck sorry ass excuse this week.
Ocerion

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas