Credos bad

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Credos bad

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:30 pm

reeeeEEEE
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: Credos bad

Postby Salad » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:47 pm

What's bad about them though?
Salad

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:51 pm

the way they are

you know what my sandbox game needs? radiant quests you're required to rush complete hundreds of hours worth of every year or so
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:57 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:the way they are

you know what my sandbox game needs? radiant quests you're required to rush complete hundreds of hours worth of every year or so

Why do you NEED to rush them? To be competitive? To have the necessary PvP skills? Screaming like an autistic kid that had his favorite teddy bear taken away doesn't really help, you know.

In my opinion, the terrible part is the things that are seen as needed for PvP, cause you know the other guy is most likely going to get them if not already have them, and in a permadeath sandbox, that means you have to have them, too, if you don't want to get killed (or need your friends to pull your ass out of the fire, which they'll get tired of pretty fast).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:18 pm

Well, in direct combat I don't think many credos are really that important anymore. Pearler is kinda relevant but you can live without it, and forager/fisher are easy enough.

The inarticulate reeing is because I'm pretty sure Jorb is beyond the point where logical arguments will change his mind, so I'd rather ree as a joke.

Beyond needing them for "competition", it's just generally "correct" to do most credos extremely early. You get the most use out of them that way, especially stuff tied to quality progression.

this is EASILY the 30th time I've done forager, and 15th I've done fisher. Credos bad
SnuggleSnail

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:35 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:the way they are

why do you think it is YOUR sandbox?
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:49 pm

They're probably the worst thing since legacy tbqh
DDDsDD999

Postby jordancoles » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Credos were bad enough because of the scaling but seasons make them literally unfinishable in a lot of cases.
Forager asks for things that only spawn in fall and fisherman seems to be the same.

Hunter has always been the easiest of the initial 3 and usually we would complete it last because of that, but now it is almost more worthwhile to do hunter first just so that you can actually complete a credo at all
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Burinn » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:32 pm

Credos good.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby xdragonlord18 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:51 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Why do you NEED to rush them? To be competitive? To have the necessary PvP skills? Screaming like an autistic kid that had his favorite teddy bear taken away doesn't really help, you know.

In my opinion, the terrible part is the things that are seen as needed for PvP, cause you know the other guy is most likely going to get them if not already have them, and in a permadeath sandbox, that means you have to have them, too, if you don't want to get killed (or need your friends to pull your ass out of the fire, which they'll get tired of pretty fast).

The problem with that is that nearly everything feeds into PVP. Almost every industry affects something that affects how well you PVP. Credos are cool and they add diversity to activities but they are pretty much necessary if you want to compete. This is the kind of problem that arises when you don't design a game holistically.
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas