Game is slowly dying - not growing

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Game is slowly dying - not growing

Postby Narski » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:42 pm

This is my opinion and critique of the game having played the last several worlds.

Let me start by stating the content additions are great and moving in the right direction.

For a 2 player dev team, this game really is a masterpiece despite its flaws.

The quality grind is amazing, as well as all the things available to do.

The game however, is slowly dying as a whole due to the fact that this game being so punishing from the pvp aspect of it. I understand and love the combat in this game, but when your telling me, that 4 people can literally wipe 1 month 10 hours a day of progress on a whim, theres a serious problem with that in attracting any new players to the game.

I understand Jorb and Loftar want pvp and not for it to be like minecraft, however, minecraft has a net worth of 1.6billion for people allowing them to host their own servers. Think about that, theirs still pvp in minecraft, just let us host our own servers. This is long over due for us and your pockets $$

Until this is a thing, I think im done, burned out for good. It's been good haven.
Narski

Re: Game is slowly dying - not growing

Postby VDZ » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:53 pm

Narski wrote:The game however, is slowly dying as a whole due to the fact that this game being so punishing from the pvp aspect of it. I understand and love the combat in this game, but when your telling me, that 4 people can literally wipe 1 month 10 hours a day of progress on a whim, theres a serious problem with that in attracting any new players to the game.

This has been the case since at least 2011 though. The game has grown a lot since then.
VDZ

Postby ErdTod » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Last world game hit record playercount on the start of the world. This time it wasn't more, but not much less either... The permanent loss of everything due to pvp might be something that can be done better, but the game is doing good IMO. I like HnH for it not being super-casual like fricking every modern game there is nowadays. But that surely lowers J&L's incomes.
ErdTod

Postby jock » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:21 pm

I have had sever talks with jorb about this and it is a consideration.
jock

Postby Sevenless » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Peak was 1250ish players? We're running at 1150 currently after 3 weeks. This world is actually doing better than previous ones in terms of player retention.

End of last world took a serious hit in playercount, some people attribute it to winter season specifically. Couldn't say myself.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Clemence » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Dude, you got a lots of slots for a lots of toons, and for sure enough food and curio for them to grow together, if for you the death of a toon is the end of the game you just do it wrong.
Clemence

Postby MightySheep » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:34 pm

totally pointless thread

the population is growing every new world, thats just a statistical fact, opinions dont even enter the picture in this regard

so youve invented this death of the game and arbitrarily decided whats the cause of the made-up death of the game? OK lol

The game has become soo much less punishing than it ever was in the past, it could not get any more carebear than it currently is without becoming the worlds most boring Facebook-tier farming simulator game
MightySheep

Postby MrBunzy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 pm

Player Population :chart_with_downwards_trend:
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Headchef » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:55 pm

MightySheep wrote:totally pointless thread

the population is growing every new world, thats just a statistical fact, opinions dont even enter the picture in this regard

so youve invented this death of the game and arbitrarily decided whats the cause of the made-up death of the game? OK lol

The game has become soo much less punishing than it ever was in the past, it could not get any more carebear than it currently is without becoming the worlds most boring Facebook-tier farming simulator game

Correct for most part except that it could get more carebear but let's not speak too much about it before it becomes reality
Headchef

Postby Lyrroth » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:40 am

quality bait
Lyrroth

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas