Game is slowly dying - not growing

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Game is slowly dying - not growing

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:51 am

jock wrote:I have had sever talks with jorb about this and it is a consideration.

Yeah, and many of us will quit playing because of this. Such theories are full of a lot of "what ifs" that can't really be answered. Let the devs make the game they want. You're free to make the game you want. (I know of at least one sandbox game that "tried"... they're not around anymore.)

I've had my fill of decent games that have little or mediocre-at-best multiplayer. I quit playing Minecraft, Don't Starve (at least in multiplayer), and many others because they're just crappy at multiplayer, be it PvE or PvP or some mix. Private servers are just terrible. Give me MMOs, or give me Death! :D
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Fostik » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:38 am

Narski wrote:The game however, is slowly dying as a whole due to the fact that this game being so punishing from the pvp aspect of it.

Haven and hearth is an underground game, not able to interest grey masses of players, i don't see anything bad in it. Moreover, online over every wipe is rising, except this one, but it can be explained by announcement post, it was too nerfy for everything, so people did not committed to join.

Narski wrote:I understand and love the combat in this game, but when your telling me, that 4 people can literally wipe 1 month 10 hours a day of progress on a whim, theres a serious problem with that in attracting any new players to the game.

1. If you lose a character - no need to build character only - make a self sufficient base which can rise your new character even faster.
2. If you lose a character - you can still have up to 60% stats back. It is incompatible with words of losing all your progress
3. If you your base got raided - i don't believe raiders ruined literally everything, and you cant recover everything in week or two.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Ukhata » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:42 am

agree 100% with fostik
Ukhata

Postby dafels » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:50 am

Back in the day the game was much harsher and it still had steady growing population... And the game has only grown since then...
dafels

Postby Tamalak » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:13 pm

The game has way more players than it did in legacy despite the fact that the game is no longer free (unless you want to be a cripple)

If Jorb ever gets sad about the player count literally all he has to do is scrape together an actual tutorial, implement an actually good UI (or pay one of the modders to do it) and release it on Steam.

Pointless thread.
Tamalak

Postby Sevenless » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Tamalak wrote:The game has way more players than it did in legacy despite the fact that the game is no longer free (unless you want to be a cripple)

If Jorb ever gets sad about the player count literally all he has to do is scrape together an actual tutorial, implement an actually good UI (or pay one of the modders to do it) and release it on Steam.

I'm not so sure about that, steam "solving" the population. The game's UI is unintuitive to many gamers (I've tried to introduce the game to many people and listened to their struggles), custom clients being effectively "required" in most player's opinions. It doesn't have a foundation for mass market appeal as I see it right now, and that's before we talk about tutorial. How many people actually read those anyway?

But the game is healthy for a world start compared to previous worlds. We'll see what happens after winter.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby dafels » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Tamalak wrote:The game has way more players than it did in legacy

Only at world wipes. 2 months in the world when the player count normalizes it is almost the same player count

Sadly there is no data how much actually it was at world wipes, but I think it was around 800-900
dafels

Postby Ysh » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:17 pm

Fostik wrote:except this one, but it can be explained by announcement post, it was too nerfy for everything, so people did not committed to join

I think my guess will be that ocean is more exciting new feature than ''season, if you quit before they were add last world.'' The nerfs from this world do not affect most players I think.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Tamalak » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:32 pm

I think last world had a big spike because it had been TWO YEARS since the wipe, so there were a lot of 'quit and waiting for the wipe' players in the pipeline.
Tamalak

Postby elmapa » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:25 pm

That they hire several programmers, put it in the first person, have the same graphics as stranded deep and put it on steam. 30,000 players minimum would have
elmapa

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas