Hearth Magic to Retrieve a Gilding

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hearth Magic to Retrieve a Gilding

Postby jordancoles » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:31 pm

azrid wrote:Jordan only makes threads about changes that benefit him.
It was similar in w10 when he made some thread about pearls.

I literally suggested rip tides a few weeks ago lol

Also I still have that smithing gilding tyvm :geek:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ysh » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:11 pm

jordancoles wrote:
azrid wrote:Jordan only makes threads about changes that benefit him.
It was similar in w10 when he made some thread about pearls.

I literally suggested rip tides a few weeks ago lol

Also I still have that smithing gilding tyvm :geek:

Rip tide will kill nab, generating tears. This is benefit for you.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:19 pm

Sevenless wrote:Isn't part of what drives crafting long run the destruction of old equipment by making it out-dated? Retrieving via RNG still destroys things, this would allow anyone with XP access to keep their quality free powerful gildings infinitely no? And realistically don't realm owners have a vastly greater access to XP than anyone else?

Lots of questions. More than answers from me.

Covered most of my concerns. Something that strong being spammable by realm owners seems sketchy. Maybe unlocked by tailor. Maybe on a cooldown.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:00 pm

Once per clothing item, so you can get the best, and you lose the slot, too? You can still recycle to try to get the rest out.

Maybe cost scales based on number of gilds in the artifact? Seems like a good xp sink to me. You've already got "dig deeper" to make better well water and gilding song to add slots, but clearly that isn't enough given the size of some of the artifacts have gotten or the quality of water that w10 got up to.

Then again, maybe there just needs to be some restrictions on "how strong" you can make an artifact? (Maybe I'm just a nab jealous of the big bois... who knows? I'm just spitballing here.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:29 am

I think that a relatively high xp cost that scales with the amount of artifacts in the gearpiece would be fair and balanced compared to some of the other more powerful hearth magics we already have
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 am

jordancoles wrote:I think that a relatively high xp cost that scales with the amount of artifacts in the gearpiece would be fair and balanced compared to some of the other more powerful hearth magics we already have

lol basically this you can already use xp to re open another slot on the item having a way to remove certain gildings from clothing wouldnt be any more broken than it already is.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Lyrroth » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:43 am

jordancoles wrote:I think that a relatively high xp cost that scales with the amount of artifacts in the gearpiece would be fair and balanced compared to some of the other more powerful hearth magics we already have

op stuff for bigger snowball for factions. i was thinking that you are a cool person joly
Lyrroth

Postby jordancoles » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 pm

Lyrroth wrote:

op stuff for bigger snowball for factions. i was thinking that you are a cool person joly

rich get richer smh

unsubbed

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas