Player Versus Player Interaction Change

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Player Versus Player Interaction Change

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:29 am

Remove murder and everything pvp related to murder as it is right now.

Add a system like this:

A criminal is someone who is an outlaw.

By default no one can be killed by another player (Not even by wound system).

If a criminal is agro'd the person who agros them does not become a criminal themselves or leave a scent.

If a dead body was a criminal then the items on the body can be stolen and trespassed upon without leaving scents or making the "looter" a criminal.

Ways to lose this privilege:

Anyone who is an outlaw. This will allow criminals to have justice claimed upon them. However, another thing needs to be changed in the game for this entire idea to work: If you attack a criminal you do not become one yourself. You do not leave a scent or become red-handed if the person you agro/lootbody was a criminal. Why punish people for defending them or someone else?

It should also be added that if someone does knock out someone with higher (or maybe even close to) UA/MC/AGI the person knocked out is now killable. This allows people to kill people who can defend themselves.

Anyone on a claim they do not own or have permissions. But only killable by people who have perms on the claim.

And finally, if someone does kill someone else they get an instant amount of that player's LP.

All of these changes would make pvp more interesting and enjoyable for people in the game. There would be incentive to go and find people who are as strong as you or stronger and kill them for a gain of LP and their gear. There would be incentive for people to track scents and hunt them down and get justice without having a target placed upon them. Noobs would only be afraid of losing their items and not their character if they did not commit crimes.
Mario_Demorez

Re: Player Versus Player Interaction Change

Postby Micon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:35 pm

I like it though I think I would rather like to see the privilege go to a Sherrif role of some sort. Possibly give a village or realm different authorities.
Micon

Postby Liamo360Gbuz » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:26 pm

What if some 1UA 10STR sprucecap decides to surround my home with palisades? Am I a criminal for killing them?
Swedge
Liamo360Gbuz

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:35 pm

Liamo360Gbuz wrote:What if some 1UA 10STR sprucecap decides to surround my home with palisades? Am I a criminal for killing them?

Palisades are hand bashable if not on a claim. People can’t build walls on other people’s walls. But yes. The same way it works now. If you attack someone who isn’t technically doing any crimes you are still a criminal. But you wouldn’t be able to kill them unless they’re on your claim, and if they are on your claim no you wouldn’t be a criminal.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Aceb » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:37 pm

You have no idea how a big power and tools You would give me or someone to harass You in a way worse than killing.

It doesn't mean I would do that, but I have enough ideas to make one suffer. It's good as it is but require maybe a bit of polish.
Last edited by Aceb on Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Aceb wrote:You have no idea how a big power and tools You would give me or someone to harass You in a way worse than killing.

What. And I mean what as in I can’t follow this sentence.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Aceb » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Mario_Demorez wrote:
Aceb wrote:You have no idea how a big power and tools You would give me or someone to harass You in a way worse than killing.

Because I am just nice, I would force You either to stop playing our becoming and outlaw yourself so I can easly log from smacked alt into non-alt and punish You. Remember that this game has a lot of griefers and ideas being more "nice" can very quickly been turn around and become ugly instead.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Aceb wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote:

Because I am just nice, I would force You either to stop playing our becoming and outlaw yourself so I can easly log from smacked alt into non-alt and punish You. Remember that this game has a lot of griefers and ideas being more "nice" can very quickly been turn around and become ugly instead.

You can already do this in game. Adding this system only makes it harder by having to force a player to attack an alt. Technically you can just do this with your main and wear zero armor or gear and act like a naked alt.
Last edited by Mario_Demorez on Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Aceb » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:45 pm

f you attack a criminal you do not become one yourself.

And this would benefit me of not being even a criminal for doing this to You.

Also your idea even contradicts itself lol.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:47 pm

Aceb wrote:
f you attack a criminal you do not become one yourself.

And this would benefit me of not being even a criminal for doing this to You.

Maybe the player shouldn’t attack a random alt that’s obviously trying to bait them outside. But yes technically you still don’t get criminal but as it stands you don’t get punished for doing it now either. You can maybe not hearth for an hour. Just add it to where if you are in combat at all you can’t fast travel (with another hearthling).
Mario_Demorez

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas