Credos need choice

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Credos need choice

Postby LaserSaysPew » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:39 pm

tldr: Add second way of acquiring a credo. A passive one. You pay same price in LP but you don't get quests and, instead, timer starts. 10 days + 2 days per each credo you got. After the timer ends - you get the credo.

Let's look at setting up our bases. Specifically, at landscaping. Do you guys like to do it? I don't think so, personally, I don't. Yet, I've dug out 30k of soil to make my base even. And...it was ok. Didn't enjoy it but also didn't whine about it. Because that was my choice. I could've settled somewhere else with better levels. I could've said "fuck it" and just not level my base. Both of those alternatives work. But I wanted to settle in this specific place and I wanted my base to be even, so I dug and dug knowing why I'm doing this and that noone's forcing me to. I had a choice.

Credos need the same choice. Two ways of acquiring them. The active one - what we've got right now, nothing to change, leave it be.(well, maybe out of season quests need to go) And the passive one - which should be slower but not require doing quests. You just press "start passive", pay your LP and..wait. Do other stuff, you'll get your credo eventually.

Competitive players can still do quests to get credos as fast as they get them now. Doesn't change anything for them. But everyone else who likes credos but hates questing gets an alternative. Slower - yes, but doesn't take your game time. HnH is not credos only, it has so much to offer.
10 days + 2 days per credo you already got. Maybe +4 days for scholar and mystic.

Basically that's it.

It won't make credos easier or faster to get yet it will give a viable alternative. You don't like quests, abandoning, hard study times etc. - go for the passive way.
You want to be competitive - go for quests.
It's your choice.
LaserSaysPew

Re: Credos need choice

Postby Burinn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Being able to get the benefits of credos like Miner or Quarryman without ever having to hit a rock seems exceptionally bad.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 pm

Burinn wrote:Being able to get the benefits of credos like Miner or Quarryman without ever having to hit a rock seems exceptionally bad.

This. Game doesn't need to play itself.

Removing the Active portion of a mechanic that's intended to make you go outside and do things is a Bad Idea™.

Edit: Also, any average player with even a moderate amount of experience would have no trouble creating alts day one just to backburner & feed for important credos like Scholar. (This is a bad thing.)
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Mario_Demorez » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:47 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:
Burinn wrote:Being able to get the benefits of credos like Miner or Quarryman without ever having to hit a rock seems exceptionally bad.

Removing the Active portion of a mechanic that's intended to make you go outside and do things is a Bad Idea™.

Edit: Also, any average player with even a moderate amount of experience would have no trouble creating alts day one just to backburner & feed for important credos like Scholar. (This is a bad thing.)

Remove studying curiosities for credos then. That’s not actively playing the game imo.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:48 pm

Mario_Demorez wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:

Remove studying curiosities for credos then. That’s not actively playing the game imo.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree, I drop probably 90% of study quests anyway.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Burinn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:48 pm

Mario_Demorez wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:

I don't think having time gates is strictly bad. Having time gates that are 100% independent from the content of the credo is silly. You still have to make the curio unless they're being provided to you by someone else.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Return to Critique & Ideas