Aggro rework

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Aggro rework

Postby vatas » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:13 pm

*Animals should shreak, growl, or otherwise signal that they will consider aggroing you before they do, giving you chance to back off/retreat
*If you run away long enough, the animal will drop aggro. It's asinine that you can essentially run a mile and the animal will chase you keeping the same pace until you finally run out of stamina/grassland terrain and then just ruins your day before resuming random pathing. Most animals would avoid unnecessary energy expenditure.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Aggro rework

Postby Clemence » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:46 pm

That would be nice.
Clemence

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Excellent idea! Few warning sounds before aggroing would be good. At least for most animals.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Headchef » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:26 am

game already too carebear, this is just sadness.
Headchef

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:30 am

Headchef wrote:game already too carebear, this is just sadness.

The client you use probably already has "warning sounds" when you have a big animal show up on the mini-map, anyway. Or you saying you a brave young man and turn off those sounds and play it like it was "meant to be played?" :D

@vatas: I do like the premise of the idea.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas