Let bury an ancestor faster

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Let bury an ancestor faster

Postby ErdTod » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:45 am

After a character died, there's a period of time where you can't efficiently play - you need to wait for your stats to get back (from ancestor), you need to wait for the body to rot to bury it etc. You end up not only losing some progress due to death, but also not being able to play for some time (or play and lose more of progress you've already lost). So I'd suggest to let a direct inheritor to bury the body even if it's not rotten yet, making things faster and letting you start recovering faster.
ErdTod

Re: Let bury an ancestor faster

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:54 am

Perhaps we should also be able to bury people when they are alive to make the process even faster.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby neeco » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:02 am

+1

If the body has no items on it, it should be able to be buried immediately. I see no reason to have a 24 hour time gate.
W9: Hermit
W10: LS of EoCity
W11: God King Emperor of the East [Retired]
W12: Wouldn't you like to know

jorb wrote:The running server is the test server.
neeco

Postby Armis » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:46 am

neeco wrote:+1

If the body has no items on it, it should be able to be buried immediately. I see no reason to have a 24 hour time gate.

The problem is stuffing your face with food and dying over and over to get hunger/satiation resets. 24h isn't that long of a wait.
Armis

Postby ErdTod » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:29 pm

That's something I didn't think of... Yeah, prolly prone to an abuse
ErdTod

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:15 pm

Armis wrote:The problem is stuffing your face with food and dying over and over to get hunger/satiation resets. 24h isn't that long of a wait.

There's a limit to how far this works with the current inheritance values. It's a moving line as the world progresses, but it still exists. A person looking to make a bunch of alts might abuse it, but if it's going to be abused in such a way, they're going to be able to use it whether the "cooldown" is 4 hours or 24. I'm sure another mechanic could be put in place to discourage abusive behavior.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas