FEP UI Improvement

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Fep bar preview

Postby Nektaris » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:58 pm

Fostik wrote:
vatas wrote:Well the default client/server can calculate that when you eat it, why can't it calculate a preview?

Sure you can call same code as feasting does, but it would be excess request to server, while received data will not be idempotent: it will change after every feast, because satiations, table tools, hunger bar can be changed.
Don't see any real need to look on every piece of food before I bite it.

Salem has this feature already and the server is fine.
Nektaris

Re: Fep bar preview

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:24 pm

Salem hasn't been actively developed in how long now? Also, it hasn't been developed by Seatribe in about 6 years. Not really a good comparison.

Yes, it is possible. The calls to the server will be very minimal. I'm sure there won't be an issue.

This would be a Very Nice Thing to have. Daddy jorb says we can't have nice things.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: FEP UI Improvement

Postby vatas » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:01 pm

To play devil's advocate, it's possible that Jorbtar don't have access to Salem's source code anymore (assuming that it's calculated by the server.) Also the code could simply be non-compatible, Salem and Haven are two different games after all.

Also this is somewhat more critical of a feature in Salem, I of course I absolutely want it in Haven too, but in Salem it helped indicate if you should proceed/continue with a Gluttony session or if you'll just waste all the food trying in vein to get a level up.

Arguably, being able to see that certain food will fill up your FEP bar in one go (and maybe even how much gets "wasted" would be extremely great addition.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas