Require "breaking" etc. before Rock Crystal counts as stone

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Require "breaking" etc. before Rock Crystal counts as stone

Postby vatas » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Title, I wonder how many Rock Crystals have been wasted because people forgot that you need to be extra careful with them.

EDIT: Clarification, now when you get Rock Crystal (item) from Rock Crystal (node) it should only count as Rock Crystal (required to build Charter Stone, Coronation Stone, and certain Mine Holes, or as gilding.) You then have option to right-click the Rock Crystal to turn it into a generic stone of same quality. This way the Rock Crystal has all the functions it currently has, only the game doesn't **** you over when you fail to remember Rock Crystal is also a stone and it goes to claim pole of village idol.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Require "breaking" etc. before Rock Crystal counts as st

Postby Omnipotent » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:57 pm

+1 to this. We've already had to make this change with other items (eg: hardened leather).

Would be nice to prevent any more rock crystal accidents.
Omnipotent

Postby shubla » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:19 pm

Good idea. Rock crystal could break into rock crystal shards that count as a stone.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:16 pm

BUMP
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Khada » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Good idea
Khada

Postby pawnchito » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:24 pm

yessir this type of thing should be in the game.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:56 pm

Bump, maybe you could get two "Crystal Shards" that count as stones when you choose "Shatter" option (that preferrably has an hourglass.)

vatas

Postby Finigini » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:12 pm

+1 Would also allow me to larp as one of the four crystal bearers/heroes of light.
Finigini

Postby vatas » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Bump for the third time, ran into it wile looking for another thing.

vatas

Postby abt79 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:33 pm

+1 yes

Omnipotent wrote:+1 to this. We've already had to make this change with other items (eg: hardened leather).

Would be nice to prevent any more rock crystal accidents.

whoa I knew we could "break" hard leather to convert it to regular leather but does it really not count as regular leather for building/crafting recipes? Didn't realize that change was made with this interaction in mind, the patch notes for it made it seem like it was for some kind of leather quality spiraling via high q wax, water, cauldrons, etc
abt79

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas