Hearth back when KO'd outlawed AND DISCONNECTED

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hearth back when KO'd outlawed by default.

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 am

+1 dying to your internet cutting out is dumb. if youre a faction pvper you will almost always have outlaw dont argue with this retard meus.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:25 pm

wonder-ass wrote:dying to your internet cutting out is dumb. if youre a faction pvper you will almost always have outlaw dont argue with this retard meus.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Jackwolf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:36 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:dying to your internet cutting out is dumb.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:37 pm

Jackwolf wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:dying to your internet cutting out is dumb.

this^

maybe only for the first six hours after logging out or something, though
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Zampfeo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:09 pm

meus wrote:The obvious abuse is: you become outlawed, run off to a vault, and "get disconnected out of your control" in the vault while having a good night sleep. When they track you down, break into the vault and proceed to punish you, you get auto-ported across the world in another vault.

Is that a better explanation?

This "abuse" is already possible. You can do this with a bot that teleports to hearth for you when you are KO'd if someone were inclined to do such a thing. I don't see the point though as the attacker would have to siege the vault anyhow, giving the outlaw plenty of time to react instead of having a "good night sleep", and it would be obvious that there were two vaults because tracking scents would show two different locations for player and hearthfire.
Zampfeo

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:16 pm

meus wrote:When they track you down, break into the vault and proceed to punish you, you get auto-ported across the world in another vault.

Are you even playing this game? it takes 36 hours to siege, assuming you do nothing to stop it.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Mr_Bober » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:46 pm

I don't like the idea of auto-teleporting. I don't want to have to click to stop it.

Also all of this DC/Crash talking is pretty silly. I've been playing for years and I can't remember having issues like that.
If the DC is due to your internet connection, that sucks but it's your own problem. Just like if your wireless mouse runs out of juice, or if there's a blackout, or your screen freezes. The game should have to work around it, since it's not a problem of the game itself.
Mr_Bober

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:01 pm

Mr_Bober wrote:-1
I don't like the idea of auto-teleporting. I don't want to have to click to stop it.

Also all of this DC/Crash talking is pretty silly. I've been playing for years and I can't remember having issues like that.
If the DC is due to your internet connection, that sucks but it's your own problem. Just like if your wireless mouse runs out of juice, or if there's a blackout, or your screen freezes. The game should have to work around it, since it's not a problem of the game itself.

when tf have you ever been knocked out by a player and not teleported home? are you retarded?
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Mr_Bober » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:10 pm

wonder-ass wrote:when tf have you ever been knocked out by a player and not teleported home?

Classic old fuck who doesn't realize KOs are not just caused by PvP. The majority of players in this game doesn't do PvP, and yet they get KO by other stuff. And with maybe the exception for early world, most of them gets killed outright anyway because they have no clue how to defend themselves against people who are doing everything to actually kill them and avoid the KO protection.

You want to make this change only for PvP KOs? Fine, I couldn't care less. But any other KO should stay as it is now.
Mr_Bober

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Ye, I would personally prefer it only happen when you're offline - but IMO even a bad version of the above would be a noticeable improvement. I can't count on two hands and two feet the number of times I've had friends frantically calling me at 4 AM to log into their character because something happened and they can't login.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas