Realm rework

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Realm rework

Postby jock » Tue May 19, 2020 10:15 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LeZ ... sp=sharing

Large suggestion read, feedback etc. First draft.

I have no expectations to see this apply but I enjoyed doing it.
jock

Re: Realm rework

Postby LostJustice » Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Lets just add more abusable mechanics before fixing the current ones. Also I always laughed when I see that land grabbing is botted. That is funny because there are just actually people with enough persistence to actually expand and people don’t understand so they think bots. Rest of the post is a abusable and won’t help. We don’t even have the simplest things such as realm maps in game or even separated build and destroy perms.

And if you were here for when realms were originally implemented you would know that they are not meant to be accessible by everyone and on top of that it was a way for factions to provide buffs to hermits and smaller villages, not for some weird village system that doesn’t fix the fact that there are dummy realms and then can choose who to deny the buffs to making it even worse.
LostJustice

Postby jock » Tue May 19, 2020 2:18 pm

LostJustice wrote:Lets just add more abusable mechanics before fixing the current ones. Rest of the post is a abusable

Explain how they are abusable, Saying they are without explaining is not helpful or good feedback.

LostJustice wrote: won’t help.

won't help what?
More freedom of choice?
More playstyles?
political warfare?
Open up the landscape for other realms to form?

LostJustice wrote: doesn’t fix the fact that there are dummy realms

This literally does fix that as there would be no dummy realms. there would be villages forming together to make a realm rather than 1 village make a random object and are now considered realm owners.

Progressive support base realm creation V build an object.
jock

Postby Gutharr » Tue May 19, 2020 2:22 pm

yeah like I told you another time, really like the idea. more politics is awesome because right now as a hermit you dont really care about realms.your system feels more "natural" or realistic than the current one and I like feudalism. the authority/coin idea is nice too
I woud like a system for villages vassalizing hermits too. like as a hermit your are somehow tied to a village without being an actual member. maybe as a a vassalizied hermit you get a small part of the village buff and no "village member rights" but the village gets some authority for each hermit it has. hermits should be living close to the village geographically for them to be vassalized. what do you think about that?
Gutharr

Postby jock » Tue May 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Gutharr wrote:yeah like I told you another time, really like the idea. more politics is awesome because right now as a hermit you dont really care about realms.your system feels more "natural" or realistic than the current one and I like feudalism. the authority/coin idea is nice too
I woud like a system for villages vassalizing hermits too. like as a hermit your are somehow tied to a village without being an actual member. maybe as a a vassalizied hermit you get a small part of the village buff and no "village member rights" but the village gets some authority for each hermit it has. hermits should be living close to the village geographically for them to be vassalized. what do you think about that?

As mentioned, you can create a village idol as a hermit and still remain solo. Villages can visualise to others and get bonuses. it will be really nice to see local areas form under local lords as you said before to me. Also this could empower market towns to be more focal to an area and have a larger impact as coins have more security with the use of authority established and widely used by everyone at all levels.
jock

Postby nero1141 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:17 pm

if i need to give my feedback, i like the idea of feudalty, but i think if realm claim your village you need to give tax if you want it or not, cause well... they were conquered,
about buffs, its much to cheap anyway the way you said, these buffs are meant to be hard to get, so i think its abusable in that way for example your minning quality rise:
i need to build 15 chieftains and put 15 pickaxes, if each of my pickaxe is 170q pretty easy at this point of time for medium sized village, that means i just need like 60 metal bars per 10 days to maintain it(maybe less with blacksmith credo)? boughs could be a problem but you can always plant more of them, its way way to cheap, and you can only put them when you need to mine better ores
nero1141

Postby Moonpoppy » Tue May 19, 2020 3:42 pm

To be honest its not even a bad idea Jock! What i would say (maybe i missed it) would be the ability for villages to link together some how... similar to a realm but not as currently seen.
Moonpoppy

Postby jock » Tue May 19, 2020 4:32 pm

Moonpoppy wrote:To be honest its not even a bad idea Jock! What i would say (maybe i missed it) would be the ability for villages to link together some how... similar to a realm but not as currently seen.

you did they need to be connected with cairns for it to apply check the section collaborative buffs it goes through the vassal/oath system for towns to feudally form realms.
jock

Postby stya » Tue May 19, 2020 4:34 pm

LostJustice wrote:Lets just add more abusable mechanics before fixing the current ones. Also I always laughed when I see that land grabbing is botted. That is funny because there are just actually people with enough persistence to actually expand and people don’t understand so they think bots. Rest of the post is a abusable and won’t help. We don’t even have the simplest things such as realm maps in game or even separated build and destroy perms.

And if you were here for when realms were originally implemented you would know that they are not meant to be accessible by everyone and on top of that it was a way for factions to provide buffs to hermits and smaller villages, not for some weird village system that doesn’t fix the fact that there are dummy realms and then can choose who to deny the buffs to making it even worse.

this ^

@jock, out of curiosity have you ever developped, managed a realm?
stya

Postby jock » Tue May 19, 2020 4:37 pm

nero1141 wrote:if i need to give my feedback, i like the idea of feudalty, but i think if realm claim your village you need to give tax if you want it or not, cause well... they were conquered,
about buffs, its much to cheap anyway the way you said, these buffs are meant to be hard to get, so i think its abusable in that way for example your minning quality rise:
i need to build 15 chieftains and put 15 pickaxes, if each of my pickaxe is 170q pretty easy at this point of time for medium sized village, that means i just need like 60 metal bars per 10 days to maintain it(maybe less with blacksmith credo)? boughs could be a problem but you can always plant more of them, its way way to cheap, and you can only put them when you need to mine better ores

Sweet i can work with this.

Buffs apply and scale multipliciivly

1% =1k and 1ql per day
2%- 2k and 2ql per day
3%-= 4k and 4ql per day

Numbers might need moved round but generally it;s design to be exponentially expensive. Chieftains could also be made more expensive to build but thinking you make 1 town that is purely for mining and no other buffs is specialize you still need to maintain authority which would now be experience cost for all players.

For taxes see Vassal/leve tax Depending on what oath is used you will pay tax to the village above you and them above them building a realm progressively.
jock

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas