Realm rework

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Realm rework

Postby LostJustice » Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 pm

jock wrote:
LostJustice wrote:Your idea does not fix dummy realms. Literally probably promotes them more than anything.

WHAT are you talking about? It removes realms and places the buffs in to villages that build up buffs. how does this promote dummy realms? They collaborate on buffs but it still costs authority having 1 town do x% buff on mining and x% buff on bear quality costs the same as having 2 towns do it separately. there would be zero point it making multiple towns todo something other than attempting to use the collaborative buff bonus.

This literally has a note beside it saying do maths to make sure it's not game-breaking and only reduced the cost if both towns run the same buff at the same % which is inefficient as you basically paying more for the same buff.

LostJustice wrote:Second, just take 2 seconds and think how you can abuse these systems.

Are you trying to troll or just unable to back up your claim? Clearly you might have noticed or misunderstood something so actually explaining it and pointing it out would be useful. constantly say dude... think OMG how bad. is just useless.

LostJustice wrote:already making several adjustments to your proposal

I have made zero adjustments to this document since posting it but yes, having feedback and people being clear should help adjust ideas, it's called scrutinizing your idea before development time is used on it.

scrutiny
/ˈskruːtɪni/
noun
critical observation or examination.

helpful stuff to challenge and improve things, i am a massive fan of someone who can do this in an effective and efficient way. you have failed twice now. please retry,

LostJustice wrote:trying to make your idea fit at all costs because of your opinion of what you want realms to be.

No costs has been accused but when ANYONE puts an idea out there it is literally what they want something to be.

Honestly, i had to take several attempts at responding to your post and i think this very basic and broken down answer is the only way i can even attempt to approached my response. I want feedback, good critical feedback. Edify me on what i have missed and be more clear about what is wrong. SCRUTINY.

Don’t trust your math at all. And yes you have made several revisions to your document through edits,including the numbers you so called calculated with your “math”. Even been editing and revising it since you posted it in HH discord before posting it here. Also, yes it promotes dummy realms, have any idea how easy it is to spam v claims? Let me ask you this have you ever maintained a realm? Please just answer that question, because it looks like you clearly haven’t. And here is good critical feedback, your idea is shit and a bloated piece of garbage with too many mechanics that don’t solve current problems and just introduce new ones.
LostJustice

Postby jock » Wed May 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Grow up kid.
jock

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 20, 2020 11:27 pm

jock wrote:Grow up kid.

I really don't care either way about how realms work, but this:

LostJustice wrote:too many mechanics that don’t solve current problems and just introduce new ones.

is the crux of the discussion. I haven't seen enough on here to really warrant further discussion of whether it's becoming a good idea. As far as opinions... don't look at me because I think both mechanics, current and proposed, are have serious issues. Just that the current is "less flawed," and has some potential means of fixing it. With the proposed, we'd have to have some semblance of implementation and use before enacting real judgements, and is it worth the effort of the changes to go from "known" to "unknown"?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby diwxi » Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 pm

Really like the idea of having the ability to choose my own buffs when realms don´t provide them
diwxi

Postby jock » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:49 am

Bump
jock

Postby friendlinzh » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 pm

A colony must be established by an already thriving realm.
friendlinzh

Postby battleslayer888 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:32 am

Really like the idea, should diffidently be considered.
battleslayer888

Postby CSPAN » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:25 am

Villages should totally have control in what they specialize in, I agree. A general sense of purpose from all of its members would make for better game play. The ties with villages and a kingdom should be more interactive.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas