Kingdom Territory Idea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Kingdom Territory Idea

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:37 pm

this is a sandbox game not real life shifting the game in a more linear path is boring and just ends up making the pvp behind it pointless. (just look at meteors)
i think the idea behind physical territory is dumb. before realms territory was simply decided by where people put the village and people would actively go around there to kill "their" hermits. if AD put their village in the north it was decided that the north was theirs.

you can always siege balders bra with your HUGE pvp group but im sure youre all too lazy for that : )
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:08 pm

wonder-ass wrote:this is a sandbox game not real life shifting the game in a more linear path is boring and just ends up making the pvp behind it pointless. (just look at meteors))

Rather than expanding on ideas from people that actually want to see this game evolve further, some of you never even bother to make any suggestions on the topics at hand, but only bash them and demand everything to be deleted from the game (cause that's clearly what will drive people to play the game, removing the content).

Maybe most of those territories could hold some resources to help with kingdom buffs or something. I agree that a sandbox game shouldn't be 100% like real life, but at the same time some mechanics should not be so stupid and overlooked.
In some areas it should try to imitate some logical things from real life, and as long as I can't ride a bear into combat, I stand by my opinion :lol:

wonder-ass wrote:you can always siege balders bra with your HUGE pvp group but im sure youre all too lazy for that : )

I was not part of it, but I know someone tried to siege balder's bra, then the other kingdom attacked them, while balder's bra stood there and got to watch pvp, idk if they had any fighters to take part in it

But the fact that stupid long lines of territory that can be cut off from the center won't simply fall inactive is retarded. Imagine not being able to expand your own kingdom cause some bot placed a tiny flag on a rock, and it takes you a crapton of time to challenge that territory, just for another bot to come along and delay it or some shit, and while you stand your ground on that challenge, 300 more bots challenge your entire realm
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 pm

ive put out countless ideas in discord and on the forums to make realms not a dogshit soulles xp farm, i never disagreed with people hating on realms but the idea that making realms FULLY pvp and not understanding that it WILL get zerged to shit is just funny to me. every balder bra fighter helped in the siege camp attack a total of 4 characters : ) including me on a friends character but thats fine right? because you guys kept toying with Pride saying they should ally the world and maybe they would have a chance against the strong Koa! Koa lost the moment they let their ego get the better of them.

TLDR im not fighting against ideas that change the realm for the better im fighting against ideas that i know will completely get snowballed by factions. where is the fun if smaller factions cant rise up? should everything in haven really be decided by numbers?
wonder-ass

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17 pm

Suggestion was to literally have 5v5 or 10v10 fights for territories. You'd add 1 extra fighter to your roster and you could compete.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:01 am

Nightdawg wrote:Suggestion was to literally have 5v5 or 10v10 fights for territories. You'd add 1 extra fighter to your roster and you could compete.

how do you force a 5v5 explain.
wonder-ass

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:32 am

Nightdawg wrote:Cause clearly history has shown us how kingdoms in the middle ages covered long random lines of territory from England all the way to Asia and Australia

It was actually much, much worse. From the fall of the Roman Empire, even to present day, countries spread their influence to seemingly random parts of the world via colonialism, claiming the right to rule territories, etc etc. Snaking tendrils at least represents what a kingdom actually controlled--riverways, highways, etc--versus what the kingdom allowed to be ran over by outlaws or mismanaged by local lords fealty to the kingdom were words at best. This, of course, varied by country, ruler, and such.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby friendlinzh » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:33 am

The strongest kingdom should indeed control the most territory
friendlinzh

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas