Kingdom Territory Idea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Kingdom Territory Idea

Postby MightySheep » Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm

After watching that recent 8v8 fight between AD and KOA I was reminded of the way Albion used to do GvG fights where you had a 5v5 arena and both guilds sends their best 5 fighters to do battle and the winning guild then controls the territory that was being fought over.

My proposal is to make realm challenges a challenge against an entire map supergrid and all the cairns/seamarks within. Whether or not cairns are still necessary is another matter but basically after the initial challenge the defender gets to choose the time of the fight and then each kingdom has to fight it out with their best fighters in a 10v10, 8v8 or 5v5, idk whats the best amount.

This would be a solution to so many things. Firstly it would satisfy the lack of motivation PvPers have to play when meteor is their only lategame event. Secondly it would correct the ridiculous present system of kingdom territory being about which nerd has bigger cloth farm and cairn building alt army and not even remotely reflecting which kingdom is strongest. Thirdly it everyone crying over "unfair" fights would be happy with a way to guarantee fair fights.

I think this would be very interesting content for ppl to both watch and play and give big villages a lot of motivation to tryhard.
MightySheep

Re: Kingdom Territory Idea

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri May 29, 2020 2:48 pm

remove realms
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Lyrroth » Fri May 29, 2020 3:00 pm

idea is not bad but i can easly see it changing from kinueen snail super takeover into faction quick power take. still i woud give my + to that
Lyrroth

Postby boshaw » Fri May 29, 2020 3:05 pm

Lyrroth wrote:idea is not bad but i can easly see it changing from kinueen snail super takeover into faction quick power take. still i woud give my + to that

KoA and AD rightfully deserve the world tbh they put the most effort into the game +1
boshaw

Postby wonder-ass » Fri May 29, 2020 8:48 pm

imagine wanting to instantly take over the world with literally 0 effort xd you guys are extremely lazy.
the game is in such a shit state that people only log on to fight they dont even play the game. w10 had better play retention but that was mostly due to cf TBH.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MightySheep » Fri May 29, 2020 10:27 pm

wonder-ass wrote:imagine wanting to instantly take over the world with literally 0 effort xd you guys are extremely lazy.

If by "effort" you mean a botted cloth farm and army of cairn building alts then yes, I would rather have a different system which relies on strength of your kingdom. It's more effort to have the strongest fighting team than it is to run bots. Please don't derail this thread because youre afraid that it might somehow undo your "work". I literally couldnt care less about current state of kingdoms this world, nobody does except you, snail and some random dude in our kingdom who challenges your cairns every once in a while. That's like 3 tops people on the server.

Current kingdom system is a joke and everyone knows it. Including you but you dont want to admit it because youre too invested in this world. I dont even care if it gets implemented next world I just want a system that more than 3 people can give a crap about and that actually means something other than a handful of people spamming alts.
MightySheep

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:47 pm

MightySheep wrote:Current kingdom system is a joke and everyone knows it.

Realms suck now, but your post is an even bigger joke. Such a terrible and selfish idea, you just want to make it so the autists that just raise stats all day also get to be the only ones to mass EXP tax to raise their stats even higher with no effort, strategy, or brains, and it's super obvious.
DDDsDD999

Postby MightySheep » Fri May 29, 2020 11:06 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
MightySheep wrote:Current kingdom system is a joke and everyone knows it.
Such a terrible and selfish idea, you just want to make it so the autists that just raise stats all day

Uhhh wat . You mean the strongest and best geared fighters? Of which I am not even close. Why should the strongest kingdom not control the most territory? Why is that selfish? How does it require "no effort or strategy" to have the best fighters and best gear? Literally nothing about your post makes any sense.

If the people who grind the hardest shouldn't control territory are you saying the people who grind the least should? Or does this just another balders bra shitpost because you want to keep alt spamming to have the biggest kingdom.

What "brains" does the current system require? What system would require "brains" ? Your post is probably one of the dumbest I've ever seen on this forum and thats saying something.

Are you gonna have every balders bra person post in here 1 by 1 or what? I dont mind you shitting up the thread but at least make a valid argument.
MightySheep

Postby boshaw » Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 pm

MightySheep wrote:If the people who grind the hardest shouldn't control territory are you saying the people who grind the least should?

No offense but Kingdoms as it stands at least allows others to try experience it if they are willing to front the costs and manage to get going before one of the mega ones surround them. Your idea would limit that even further to basically only one or two factions being allowed to own the map, just like meteors, especially if it's supergrid based. You wrote this thread knowing your current group can faceroll just about every other group. Not saying the current system is great or perfect, but I'd rather a suggestion that realistically allows more of the player base to make and interact, or have a say, with kingdoms, and for kingdoms to be regional and not global. Global domination should be extremely hard since you effectively lock everyone else out of the content in the current state once done.
boshaw

Postby Astarisk » Sat May 30, 2020 12:14 am

boshaw wrote:
MightySheep wrote:If the people who grind the hardest shouldn't control territory are you saying the people who grind the least should?

No offense but Kingdoms as it stands at least allows others to try experience it if they are willing to front the costs and manage to get going before one of the mega ones surround them. Your idea would limit that even further to basically only one or two factions being allowed to own the map, just like meteors, especially if it's supergrid based. You wrote this thread knowing your current group can faceroll just about every other group. Not saying the current system is great or perfect, but I'd rather a suggestion that realistically allows more of the player base to make and interact, or have a say, with kingdoms, and for kingdoms to be regional and not global. Global domination should be extremely hard since you effectively lock everyone else out of the content in the current state once done.

Agreed, I've been on board with adding more game play elements to this game over sandbox elements. I believe that splitting the world up into regions upon map generation and just turning the kingdoms into a hold / defend a node where all the nodes come up for grabs at the same time. Granted this system also implies that whoever has the most people might control the most, but I do think it would allow a lot of smaller groups to claim their own chunk. The rewards for control just need to be enticing enough to want to get involved in -- and who knows, maybe smaller scale political talks can happen if the rewards are of value and flexible enough to amount to some type of political things. This could also just give villages who hate their rulers enough of an incentive to try to play the game.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas