Potential inaccessibility of stacked objects.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Potential inaccessibility of stacked objects.

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:39 pm

One's there was a burrow here. Which left for greener pastures, leaving its contents behind.
To add insult to injury It decided to stack some wooden box's in such a way that some of them became inaccessible.
- I could lift some of them out of the nifty constructed stack (with a lot of "trial and error" clicking mind you), ... but some remain persisted in there refusal to act on my lift (and/or open) attempts.

:|

Current - default / "render" / v2 - client.

(Ender: Same)
(Amber: No problem recovering the last 3 boxes ... :?: )
mvgulik

Re: Potential inaccessibility of stacked objects.

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Try to destroy them?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby AtoB » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:38 pm

vatas wrote:Try to destroy them?

That would be interesing: Hearthling suddenly having arms when destroying things...
AtoB

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 am

vatas wrote:Try to destroy them?

Nope, I was to focused on recovery ... so forgot to check if the destroy action was also affected.

(It seems logical it would be too ... but checking is better than assuming)
mvgulik

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 am

I can tell you from experience, destroy action is affected too, you need to be able to clearly click on one of the cupboards (or in your case, boxes) to pick up, destroy or access.
Sometimes, no matter how much clicking and manoeuvring you do, it's impossible. You could try building a box next to them, close as with cupboards, opening it and then try to access one, it once worked for me with some stacked cupboards, I couldn't move the cupboards but I was able to access one of them to clear the contents.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks for confirming the destroy part Amanda.

Amanda44 wrote:You could try building a box next to them (to access there content)

I forgot to try that one too (facepalm). Getting that box-stack "untangled" was more or less the only thing on my mind. :roll:

Seems Heartlings have pretty long arms.
(ie: boxes (pg:21) accessible from center spot)
mvgulik

Postby svino » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:43 pm

if you need to destroy them and you can't reach them, probably you can aggro an animal to break them for you, or put a wrecking ball next to them
svino

Return to Critique & Ideas