Herder Credo change

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Herder Credo change

Postby Kirche » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:54 pm

I propose replacing the bonus "Wild Animals always accept clover" with "Tethered animals move substantially faster"

The Herder credo has several quests that require you to bring a tethered animal to locations and this is extremely painful because most animals can't keep up with 2nd speed on horse, Ideally they'd move slightly faster than horse 2nd speed, this would also be useful for gathering truffles, cows with pack racks, etc.
Kirche

Re: Herder Credo change

Postby LunarArchon » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Bumping this post to agree with the above proposal and suggest further Herder changes.

Wild animals always accepting clover is a very weak bonus that can be trivialized with practice or a custom client.

Maintaining a late game herd is time consuming and this credo could do more to mitigate that. The branded animals eating 20% less is a good start, but the shorter gestation period looks increasingly undesirable as the world ages. Personally, I spend too much time slaughtering animals and can see how this leads to burn out.

I suggest buffing the animals eating less to 30% and changing the shorter gestation bonus to something that offers more favorable stat gains in branded animals offspring. Something like an increased chance to use the better stat from parents would be an example. Or flat bonus to the worst stat an offspring will be born with. This would give herders room to breath by making it possible to see consistent progress with just 1-3 females.
LunarArchon

Postby TheOriginalFive » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Speaking as a herder myself, while I love the animal care, I can understand how it would get tedious and in practice it feels like the decreased gestation period and eating less cancel each other out.

I do agree with the suggestion to change the clover buff to something else since clovering animals is usually an early-game activity.
TheOriginalFive

Postby pawnchito » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:41 pm

That bonus always seemed underwhelming for the level of credo, by the time you get this credo reward you have gone far beyond needing any clovers.
pawnchito

Return to Critique & Ideas