make us feeling cold in winter

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: make us feeling cold in winter

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:30 pm

stop adding shitty tedium to seasons before adding actual depth to them. youre doing it backwards and its literally killing the game.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:11 pm

In real life Finland, making enough firewood to survive winter was a massive task. Even in current year my mother talked about how one of our elderly relatives wouldn't be able to live alone if it weren't for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_heat_pump replacing old fireplace. Just carrying the firewood from shed and maintaining fire can be a tedious task.

Realistic winter simply wouldn't work in my opinion and would've been primary reasons why if I had been in charge of developing this game, seasons wouldn't have been implemented, at least yet.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:07 am

Apocoreo wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:Though I see people mentioning how stupid winter/spring are already are, making them stupider won't hurt since they already are stupid, would it?

The absolute fucking state of this game :lol:

Can we just dig this hole a little deeper please?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby friendlinzh » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:38 am

Winter should be fun it should be a time of bringing people together.
friendlinzh

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas