make us feeling cold in winter

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

make us feeling cold in winter

Postby Clemence » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:28 pm

so we could have a use for all that coal, and that honey for the hot drinks.
Clemence

Re: make us feeling cold in winter

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Tedium is not a feature seasons cause enough of a downwards trend in online players as is. Stop taking shubla posts as inspiration :D
Headchef

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:42 pm

Clemence wrote:so we could have a use for all that coal, and that honey for the hot drinks.

could be fun if coldness was just a simple debuff, like -will and -agi or something, and drinking something warm or standing near a fire for X amount of time gives you a temporary buff that negates the debuff and brings your stats back to normal.
Zentetsuken

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:50 pm

This was fine in Don't Starve and a few other survival games I've played where winter lasted for a short period. (Don't Starve is about 2 hours out of a 10 hour or so seasonal rotation if I recall right.) For here, anything more than a small debuff, which I'd say we already have, would be beyond tedious. I already don't like the current way seasons work.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Clemence » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Well, not to shubladize, but if its a similation, i guess in nordic times, food was a probleme, but cold was another one, and everywere a fire is used mostly for heating, beside doing food (and i dont know what to do with that coal!).
Ok, dont let te game be more dediniuous, just imagine a sauna in winter, you stay here and your curios studies faster, or you feel more hungry ? less shublaesque ?
Clemence

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:54 pm

Pfft just give heart attacks or hypothermia or something to naked alts, make it annoying to have 300 naked alts

Though I see people mentioning how stupid winter/spring are already are, making them stupider won't hurt since they already are stupid, would it? New players can't even start playing during winter/spring anyway. I mean they just shouldn't bother to.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:54 am

I avidly await the introduction of this feature and frankly have been waiting for it.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Lurux » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Winter is already one of the shittiest seasons together with spring.
Population is dropping in winter - people who just put the game aside for 10 days and don't come back afterwards because they found something else.
Winter should be fun it should be a time of bringing people together. Instead of making people feeling cold in winter. Why don't we try to make people extra warm in winter when they are at home?
For example :
Let us celebrate christmas with our hermit neighbours and buff the bonfire bonus in winter.
Buff the bonus from tea or coffee
Let us make snowmans as curios.
Let us make a snowramp or ski circuits with snow.
Let us build iglo's
Let caves spawn icespikes which can be studied
Let snow yeti's live in caves
Lurux

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Lurux wrote:Winter is already one of the shittiest seasons together with spring.

I love winter, but whatever.

Lurux wrote:Winter should be fun it should be a time of bringing people together. Instead of making people feeling cold in winter. Why don't we try to make people extra warm in winter when they are at home?

Why not both?

Lurux wrote:For example :
Let us celebrate Christmas Yule with our hermit neighbors and buff the bonfire bonus in winter.
Buff the bonus from tea or coffee
Let us make snowmen as curios.
Let us make a snow ramp or ski circuits with snow.
Let us build igloo's
Let caves spawn icicles which can be studied
Let snow yeti live in caves

I like all of these but the last one. Though we can already build snowmen. Maybe some decorative items that will give us a Yuletide Cheer bonus to feasting or some other such bonus.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Nightdawg wrote:Though I see people mentioning how stupid winter/spring are already are, making them stupider won't hurt since they already are stupid, would it?

The absolute fucking state of this game :lol:
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas