smoked sausages

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

smoked sausages

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:02 pm

the double smoking uninteded bug was pretty overpowered but it made me think with some balance sausages could be relevant and equal to cheese and hunting would be persistent through out the world. maybe make it so every new smoking the time it takes to smoke gets longer with some balance to how much extra fep and hunger reduction you get from it?

this could actually make it so hunting becomes viable through out the world.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Re: smoked sausages

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:16 pm

+1

all they have to do is iron out the -hunger thing

you could even potentially make it so you can only use a wood from each "category" once with full effectiveness, and you get reduced returns after this

example-

first smoke is from "hunger reduction" wood category, so if smoked a second time with this wood the hunger will decrease half as much, so maybe it is best to use a wood from "adds a new fep" or "increases an existing fep" category to maximize efficiency
Zentetsuken

Postby vatas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 pm

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby shubla » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Cool idea, but, some people will bot 10 000 smokers and gain huge advantage to those who cannot bot with 10 000 smokers.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:57 am

shubla wrote:Cool idea, but, some people will bot 10 000 smokers and gain huge advantage to those who cannot bot with 10 000 smokers.

Because the Dis egg farm generated sooo many golden eggs that world, right? If anyone can be bothered to bot enough to make and fill 10000 smokers, they've already won. They could literally ignore the smokers and still have so much food that they win.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:27 am

can it be a new rule to not derail threads with the "somebody will bot it" argument?

It's so overdone and it's never going to be a reason to deter development and content, it's been argued and deconstructed 100 times already, I think at this point anybody who says it is just blatantly trolling
Zentetsuken

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 am

why would u bot 10k smokers ? you can bot so many easier foods xd. just wanted to give my opinion on the new bug that was found.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Schattengaenger » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:20 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:+1

all they have to do is iron out the -hunger thing

you could even potentially make it so you can only use a wood from each "category" once with full effectiveness, and you get reduced returns after this

example-

first smoke is from "hunger reduction" wood category, so if smoked a second time with this wood the hunger will decrease half as much, so maybe it is best to use a wood from "adds a new fep" or "increases an existing fep" category to maximize efficiency

^ Yes, this!

As an alternative you could also chnage this mechanic into something similar to cheese. That way you have to follow a path to get special sausages, but truth be told the former offeres more variety (and add to the nightmares for every cook trying to get a good recipe :twisted: ).
Schattengaenger

Return to Critique & Ideas