Inheritance help message on dead

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Inheritance help message on dead

Postby Whisper » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:50 am

No idea if someone said it on the update thread already, but with the addition of ingame help, I was thinking that you could add a help message about inheritance when a player dies. I see people not knowing about that mechanic every other day, so it would help the population not decline too much if newer people could see that information before coming to the forum to start a thread about how unfair the game is.

Also, maybe increase base inheritance to reduce the gap between power players and casual players when they die.
Whisper

Re: Inheritance help message on dead

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:35 am

I too have heard that many people simply don't know how to inherit, and it causes people to lose not just the stats they could regain from inheritance, but their base as they cant restart at the ancestor's Hearth Fire.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Inheritance help message on dead

Postby Necrisha » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Not lost so much as unintentionally making an alt on the same login- you can make many characters under an account, but only directly inherit along a single chain for each character made. a person once armed with the right information can always go back and pick up the inheritance under new character.
Necrisha

Return to Critique & Ideas