irrigation

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

irrigation

Postby meowtits » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:49 pm

Some form of irrigation items would be a nice implantation.
Like ones used in farms today across north America.
Like a well it can b built any where but cost of which would be affected by the water tables, use of these will prevent the drop in crop Quality but the water Quality itself should not affect the the Quality of crops.
(some have suggested that this should increase the cap in Quality that irrigated crops can jump)
As an example a turnip planted at Q100 would not drop below that Quality when irrigated but it can still stay at that Quality or go up to a max of 105.

These should have 2 built pieces the base (where the water it pulled from) and the extensions(pieces that irrigate/water).
Extension pieces should be able to be walked through or planted under but no picese are movable.
Instead of moving extensions should irrigate the area of a 3x3 9x9 square.
Last edited by meowtits on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
world 10 - 15 Farmer
meowtits

Re: irrigation

Postby Hasta » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:23 pm

"3x3" thing killed the idea for me :< make it 9x9 and we'll talk.
Hasta

Postby meowtits » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Hasta wrote:"3x3" thing killed the idea for me :< make it 9x9 and we'll talk.

i have changed it, i though 3x3 might be a bit small but wasn't sure
world 10 - 15 Farmer
meowtits

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:15 pm

I like the idea of manipulating the node in some way

something as simple a well with some added junk on it and an increased cost could be cool

add a spillway to the well model, give it some extra stone, rope and metal costs and a beehive-like radius and say it decreases the chance of crop quality loss by a certain %

maybe do the same thing with chicken coops, fertilizing with animal manures is a pretty ancient technique

could even make use of some minerals, like phosphorous heavy stones in the game, apatite, granite, etc.
also, things like shells and bat guano are also used to remineralize and fertilize dirt too, this could give added use to rare stones like bat rock and conch, and materials like chitin

mash em up in the quern and add them to some kind of structure like a composter and give it a radius too

for how OP it would be to completely negate quality loss I think it would be fair to have a few things to maintain like this, maybe even have qualities of inputs effect the % of quality loss negated so it's a bit of a challenge to completely negate it
Zentetsuken

Postby meowtits » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:49 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:I like the idea of manipulating the node in some way
and a beehive-like radius and say it decreases the chance of crop quality loss by a certain %

for how OP it would be to completely negate quality loss I think it would be fair to have a few things to maintain like this, maybe even have qualities of inputs effect the % of quality loss negated so it's a bit of a challenge to completely negate it

I like these ideas, however i see an issue with having it come off of a well as might function like a moat being in the ground rather then raised like current irrigation systems
world 10 - 15 Farmer
meowtits

Postby Clemence » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:49 am

nope
Clemence

Return to Critique & Ideas