Orchard ladders

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Orchard ladders

Postby shubla » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:09 am

Trees are big and tall. Most of the fruits do not hang low.
Hearthlings are quite short.
I think that you should be able to collect like only 10% of the fruits of a tree without ladders, and the rest 90% when using ladders.

Ladders would be a buildable object that you could lift and carry them around, then you would right click a tree while carrying the ladders, and then "assemble" the ladders below the tree.

The current harvest from fruit trees may not need to be lowered, but instead, you would get even more fruits with these ladders.

Something like in the images above.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Orchard ladders

Postby lordgrunt » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:48 pm

my horse's second name is Ladder xD
lordgrunt

Postby Clemence » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:48 am

Did you take your meds ?
Clemence

Postby Aceb » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:50 am

Agree, we need to increase all trees output by like 500% (best some sort of 5000%) so it's more realistic that You can grab a couple from the ground but a few baskets worth of fruits or any other tree products.

Also shubla the fighter of freedom and newbies, fucking totally newbies with such idea is so beatiful to see.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:51 am

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:51 am

Ladders could require blocks, boards, rope, string, boneglue.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:49 am

Aceb wrote:Agree, we need to increase all trees output by like 500% (best some sort of 5000%) so it's more realistic that You can grab a couple from the ground but a few baskets worth of fruits or any other tree products.

Also shubla the fighter of freedom and newbies, fucking totally newbies with such idea is so beatiful to see.

He doesn't make best job at conveying it, but at least I interpreted that you could pick 5 apples or 8 plums as currently without ladder, but ladder would unlock picking 45 additional apples or 72 additional plums. Might be tad overpowered, maybe adjust the numbers a bit.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Hasta » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:23 pm

In spite of all the hecklers hating on this astonishingly shublaesque idea, I say that as a way of increasing pickable fruits amount (other than planting a shitton of fruit trees) this Ladder thingy ain't the worst one.
Hasta

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:09 pm

the idea of having 2 tiers of picking seems neat, but a ladder is probably the dumbest and least thoughtful way to accomplish this.

Why would we want to juggle with spacing and placing objects between planted trees when something like a tree climbing skill, shaking a tree, or having additional fruit drop if the tree is cut in season would accomplish the same thing?
Zentetsuken

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:41 pm

Who needs ladders ...

Not these two guys.

One also needs a pair for that four legged companion of course ...

Image :shock:

No, you can't use both at the same time. No Apples there anyway.
mvgulik

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas