Paid Feature: Village lanterns

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Paid Feature: Village lanterns

Postby ekzarh » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:43 am

Paid QoL building to allow fast-travel
- within a single village
- only if non-sieged
- not in combat
- not red handed
- only with lawspeaking skill
- much smaller cooldown compared to crossroads
- no annoying connecting signs

As a nice bonus - provides a cheap (branches) lasting source of light (but not fire).

For simplicity can just require sub token as building material (also glass and metal makes sense)

Even though my base is just about 3 minimaps big I'm so damn bored to run around it that I'd easily drop 50$ for at least 5 teleport points like (farm, kitchen, garden, cheese factory, house, sea port).

I imagine any big market/village would die for such thing)

P.S. as a one-time payment it might be a bit low as an income source, so lanterns might need to be repaired like once in 3-6 month with another subtoken
Last edited by ekzarh on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ekzarh

Re: Paid Feature: Village lanterns

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:46 am

I think some kind of auto-pathing within village (without requiring milestones with limited set of trails) within village claim would work better. You'd designate roadways and character would walk along them.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ekzarh » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:49 am

might be, but auto pathing requires paths to be clear of animal carcasses/stockiples etc.
There is a waypoint bot in some clientsa but it doesnt work well when the roads get cluttered.
And I hate cleaning so much.

Also I want jorbtar to get more money :D
ekzarh

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:10 pm

ekzarh wrote:Paid QoL building to allow fast-travel

Goes beyond just "quality of life." It would be way too easy to exploit this for even a moderately active village and circumvent a lot of the current road system. That's a "not a good idea" from me.

To note, the list of limitations is good, but it's not just in combat type situations where this would be a problem. It's not hard to stretch a village a few hundred tiles for a small village, a few thousand for an moderately sized active village.

ekzarh wrote:Also I want jorbtar to get more money

I applaud all efforts here, but let's keep it to things that can't be exploited.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby AtoB » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:30 pm

No.

Longer version: fuck teleportation.
AtoB

Postby LtTurtleshot » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Just limit it to 100 tiles in any direction and make it cost a static 5% TW.
LtTurtleshot

Postby shubla » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Client doesn't support many light sources too well so probably no lanterns or anyting!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Return to Critique & Ideas