[WB rework] A picture worth a thousand words.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

[WB rework] A picture worth a thousand words.

Postby Hasta » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:38 pm

...all of those words would be obscenities adressed at our dearest devs.

Here's my critique.

This mechanic sucks. Fix it.

If your counter-argument is "oh but cascading palisade is too risky" i'm willing to bet that every single player who's been remodeling his or her base would rather take a risk of losing a portion of outer wall and demolish being prepared to rebuild necessary segments, rather than doing... this fucking piece of shit 24-hour long minigame to rid of 1 segment per WB.

This desperately requires change. The best part is, it may just be reverted to cascading as it were some time ago, so you basically just need to undo a crappy change.
Hasta

Re: [WB rework] A picture worth a thousand words.

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Hasta wrote:it may just be reverted to cascading as it were some time ago, so you basically just need to undo a crappy change.

I WB'd a palisade segment around a minehole in hopes to make a new gate... eh, so what if I have to rebuild half of it? Wrong!!! I had to rebuild the whole thing from scratch. No. We definitely need the current situation changed, though.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:15 pm

first of all, this
second, the current "fix" is just retarded as fuck, because we can have a cascade damage at vertical (north-south direction) wall, but not allowed to have them on horizontal (east-west direction) which could have only one explaination - the specific village with specific layout asked for this and jorb ninja-fixed it for the benefits of said village.
That's the words of man, destroying inner wall in my own village with 8 WB for 5 fucking months.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Headchef » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:36 pm

Oh no magicman a whole palisade around a minehole wow that must have been taken atleast 7 minutes away from posting on forums I wonder how you recovered definitely worth to have new players suffer for 30 days setting up wrecking ball daily to remove some unnecessary wall because once upon a time you had this tragic experience!
Headchef

Postby Apocoreo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:07 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Hasta wrote:it may just be reverted to cascading as it were some time ago, so you basically just need to undo a crappy change.

I WB'd a palisade segment around a minehole in hopes to make a new gate... eh, so what if I have to rebuild half of it? Wrong!!! I had to rebuild the whole thing from scratch. No. We definitely need the current situation changed, though.

Just make it stop after destroying a cornerpost. If wackjobs want to build a cornerpost every other tile to prevent cascade, let them.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:13 am

Headchef wrote:Oh no magicman a whole palisade around a minehole wow that must have been taken atleast 7 minutes away from posting on forums I wonder how you recovered definitely worth to have new players suffer for 30 days setting up wrecking ball daily to remove some unnecessary wall because once upon a time you had this tragic experience!

If you got so much wall to remove you want to clear out more than a few sections at time, suffer, use multiple wrecking balls, use a catapult on your own claim for all I care. One tile is just as stupid as 20.

Maybe your bot army only takes 7 minutes to source 200+ blocks and the rope, glue, and leather, but it takes me a little longer. We went from one stupid extreme to the other stupid extreme. Pull your head out of your ass and you might see that.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Hasta » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:05 am

Apocoreo wrote:Just make it stop after destroying a cornerpost. If wackjobs want to build a cornerpost every other tile to prevent cascade, let them.

This please.

Also, merge with May thread on this issue, I was way too angry to use Search.
Hasta

Postby Headchef » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:37 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Headchef wrote:Oh no magicman a whole palisade around a minehole wow that must have been taken atleast 7 minutes away from posting on forums I wonder how you recovered definitely worth to have new players suffer for 30 days setting up wrecking ball daily to remove some unnecessary wall because once upon a time you had this tragic experience!

If you got so much wall to remove you want to clear out more than a few sections at time, suffer, use multiple wrecking balls, use a catapult on your own claim for all I care. One tile is just as stupid as 20.

Maybe your bot army only takes 7 minutes to source 200+ blocks and the rope, glue, and leather, but it takes me a little longer. We went from one stupid extreme to the other stupid extreme. Pull your head out of your ass and you might see that.

Try playing the game and reading some updates sometime because catapults can't even destroy the walls sprucecap

But alright maybe it's 9 minutes, if you don't have bone glue rope and leather in stock at all times then why even contribute to the conversation that way making all these things before you need them is just a huge inconvenience

Don't need any bot to afk chop some logs into blocks, all newer players who aren't the best at building yet get fucked by this because literally months of using wrecking balls

Or else waste more wax on wrecking balls they don't need which is actually precious material early on

If you think that's worth your couple of minutes of chopping logs then your ass is the only place your head has ever been lmao
Headchef

Postby iamahh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:00 pm

claim owner could just handbash it, base design is the best endgame
iamahh

Postby lordgrunt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:47 pm

how about giving WB aoe damage, say 5 wide, 2 deep in front of it. as a tradeoff wb's would destroy any workstation in its area of effect. crafty placement would be needed to fine tune the desired effect.
just wild shooting ideas, but i think fixed aoe would be preferred over previous implementations.
lordgrunt

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas