Display remaining time

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Display remaining time

Postby pawnchito » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:55 pm

Nektaris wrote:I'm using the default client and so far the experience has been nice.
It's just missing some QoL features that should be really easy to implement.

Why not implement one of those features with every update?

you should try one of the other clients and youll find a world of difference. the rate at which your character will develop with a custom client vs regular is just absurd.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:51 pm

pawnchito wrote:
Nektaris wrote:I'm using the default client and so far the experience has been nice.
It's just missing some QoL features that should be really easy to implement.

Why not implement one of those features with every update?

you should try one of the other clients and youll find a world of difference. the rate at which your character will develop with a custom client vs regular is just absurd.

What makes that (supposed) difference? It isn't like that custom client doubles your FEPs or anything like that.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:15 pm

I dont mean it will change the game mechanics but what i do mean is that you will save time and convenience. time and sanity that can then be spent doing other productive things for the character. Heck last time i checked you cant bind water to be drunk to a key with the default client unless you put it on your action bar of which you only get one, no f1 - f10 just the one action bar. people that can tilde drink or even better have settings that auto drink for you and can chase someone down easier than clicking that belt right clicking drink etc... if your using a custom client you can highlight things like boulders and forageables or hide the ones you dont want at all. or you can bind *key* to foraging. I know pressing a keybinding instead of right clicking a resource is a tiny thing but its very small things like that add up. its stuff that makes the game more ergonomic for the user and doesnt detract value from the neat tedioussness that the game offers.

are you telling me that you think the usual suspects would be doing as amazing as they are if they all ran the default client? its a bit like you dont need running shoes to run but they sure do make it easier and more pleasant.
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:33 am

Folks, let's stop this here. Not every discussion on adding a feature needs to turn into a discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of client mods. It's a simple request, let's keep it to the topic. Thanks.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas